Coffee

Karate Monkey

I just use one of these. Super simple. Like the rigid mountain bike of coffee makers.
View attachment 79098

Get an actual cone. Flavor is 100% better.

spv60_ph02.png

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rocket Fuel maker, only once in a while.

The 99% of the time I just use a good drip maker. Always black river beans and always a burr grinder.

3A3C04E2-BB59-4AF8-8114-FF8A155249BF.jpeg

qclabrat

French press at home is a good compromise.
poopy beans always go FP, I tried a stove top once with them and wasn't as smooth
Also I don't get the right concentration with cones, they come out light and I feel there's much more left in the grinds, is there a secret I'm missing?

chuprinko

Got a Saeco Royal system for free and love it. I like dark Italian type roasts, and with the Peets Major beans, a recent addition a burr grinder, makes a nice dark roast. I might even try roasting my own beans this winter. I've contemplated selling it, as I could finally pick a fat bike, but then I say nope! Love my americano or espresso in the morning, and nice latte after a ride.

qclabrat

I don’t think so. Seems unnecessary like ceramic bearings
Heat bad for grounds. If your doing a cup each time should be fine. Just don't ground a 1/4 bag at once when family is over. I use a ceramic Mill and attach a drill like Jimmy does it for loose beans. But 90% of the time I'm using the superauto, I'll never go back to hot drip.

grilledcheeseking

Also I don't get the right concentration with cones, they come out light and I feel there's much more left in the grinds, is there a secret I'm missing?

i laughed when someone told me about the bloom. However, they were right. A little water first to saturate, and wait a bit. Then extract.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
something is up with this batch of beans. they don't even look like the regular oily yumminess.
i just may be on rt 22 today, near black river roasters....

Top Bottom