Coffee

Which roasters do you own? I kick it old school with a cast iron dutch oven in a fire pit. Would love to do larger more controlled batches, but don't want to spend money.

The iRoast (I think). Small but many many good roasts out of it. It's more or less dead.

And the Behmor 1600. I just got a new control panel for it which begs some sort of philosophical question about throwing good money after bad. I have not installed it yet, it just came.

I grind my Columbian Perks whole beans and use a my Keurig. Going to buy a Ninja Coffee Bar soon. Waiting for them to go on sale or if I see Sofia in another commercial....whichever comes first! Drink 2-3 cups a day.

I've been picking up the house coffee beans from the shop in Clinton and using my capresso burr grinder, then just a crap drip coffee maker I got for 12 bucks at shop rite.

I also use my aero press for pre ride early morning cups or when I'm only making one. That things is as easy as a kcup, and so, so much better tasting.

I am interested
I grind my Columbian Perks whole beans and use a my Keurig. Going to buy a Ninja Coffee Bar soon. Waiting for them to go on sale or if I see Sofia in another commercial....whichever comes first! Drink 2-3 cups a day.
I am waiting to see if the Ninja thing is any good. Seems to good to be true.

What's the first to get, a new grinder, maker or roaster? I've never roasted, so thinking to wait on that one.
Already have a Capresso grinder, but would like to upgrade. Also considering a manual press, vs a semi-auto. Anyone have preferences for either or? Manual seem like a bit of a PITA to clean

for manual, a ROK not Pavoni level
I'd rather upgrade on the grinder and start with a cheaper manual for now.
Feedback on either the Rancilio Rocky or Gaggia MDF grinders?

Already have a Capresso grinder, but would like to upgrade. Also considering a manual press, vs a semi-auto. Anyone have preferences for either or? Manual seem like a bit of a PITA to clean

Oops. Only read your first sentence before I replied. If I was in your shoes, I would give roasting a try. It's one of those things that only a few seem to do and I feel like you will get the most reward given you are already grinding. I modified my hand burr grinder:

925937_1604837806436006_735528606_n.jpg

It travels well with an aeropress. Just make sure to take it apart before you take it through TSA.

Back
Top Bottom