Closest nj trail network to hudson county

jumpa

For "quick" rides I have been riding primarily lew'mo and chimney but they are still about 35-45 minutes from me pending traffic. Anything else worth riding that's any closer? From Jersey city I have quick access to i-95 and 78.

Side note-
If they would just open south mountain to bikers, its only 20 minutes away from me #mancandream

jerzey111

I'm in Cliffside Park and sprain ridge in Yonkers Is my to go to park. Only 15mins without traffic but I'm right next to gwb. Try it but check traffic before

jumpa

I think the closest legal stuff is Cheesequake and Wolfs Pond on Staten Island

Cheesequake was kind of mehh and the last time I went to wolfs pond was a few months after hurricane Sandy and it wasn't really looking to well. But I guess something about beggers and choosing things huh..

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Every park is a haul for me. Just do it and be glad you don't have a lease.;) You can always roadie right out of your garage.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
how is wolfs pond?

I have not been, but there's been active trail work going on there this year.

http://www.nycmtb.com/?p=2696

Not that I've paid that much attention in the past, but I've seen more posts about Wolf's Pond this year than ever. I'll probably go check it out once just to check it out. I can't imagine it's a destination type park though, or we would all be riding it regularly. It's something for people who live in NYC to get to w/o a car.

Last edited:

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Have you been to the Boy Scout trails in alpine? Probably still a half hour away but another option.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Where is the best spot to park there? I saw couple YouTube videos and it looks like a good time.
Someone else could answer that better, I've only ridden there on a cross bike from 9w. I know you can access the trails from both 9w and the neighborhood behind it.

I live in Jersey city, next to bayonne. I explored Staten Island Greenbelt last Saturday which is 8miles away only. It's decent, only a signs about ticks.

hotsauce

I'm looking for a trail to ride on Sunday morning within an hours drive of Hudson County that I can do on my cyclocross bike. Never really ridden off road/grass so not sure how this MTB-ish thing works. Advice??

Top Bottom