Climbing Raux

Peterskill/Minnewaska Park Rangers Station Entrance at a wee bit before 9? There's some paperwork and $10 per climber to the park to deal with before the park opens at 9. I'm dragging a friend who wants to learn to lead along. Unlike a bike ride, we'll still be there if you wanna come later @soundz. I promise not to make you endo.
Who's all still coming?

Last edited:
im coming out with aly. but we might be there a bit later....maybe 11? i have to do some race course work early in the morning, then we will head up. luke i have your static rope. ill have to get it to you tomorrow

I'm gonna get 50' or so of 1" webbing from the new REI in Princeton (hopefully they HAVE that). Have to go deep to avoid the small pines.

I have 50+ feet of webbing and a 50 foot static line.
I can make some gear anchors too. there are a couple of bolted anchors there if i recall correctly

I'm on the fence and will probably stay there until 6am, at which time I will either heed the alarm clock or chuck it.

What's our backup plan if we get shut out of the 100-climber limit?

Anyone else thinking post-climb MTB ride?

I'm on the fence and will probably stay there until 6am, at which time I will either heed the alarm clock or chuck it.

What's our backup plan if we get shut out of the 100-climber limit?

Anyone else thinking post-climb MTB ride?

we'll be good if we show up before 9 I'm sure. 100 is a lot of climbers. Last time I was there at like 8:30 or something and there were maybe 7 cars waiting to get in.
I want to go to a boxing party tomorrow night at 8 or 9, so I'd like to be on the road around 7ish if possible, if not I won't die.
Would be sweet to eat some french fries at the guilded otter with you guys too. who knows, it's all up in the air.
But what's not up in the air is that @woody is in fact coming. I'll be calling him at 6.
Just make it up to my house and I can drive you Woody, you can nap in the car.

First rule of boxing party... Oh, wait, never mind.
I'm hoping to be there 'round 8:30 as well. And I would LOVE to go to the Otter after. Bike ride might be tricky, as my friend who's coming with doesn't ride. (He actually can ride pretty well, but he's got no bike.)
I'm gonna swing by Rock and Snow for the Guide book and some webbing. Anyone need anything?

No way in hell I'll last till 7! I may be done after a few attempts depending on how long these things take. Then I can ride bikes with @woody.

fun climbing with everyone! it was nice to just toprope for a while and keep it low key great meeting you, sean.

11049577_789729668775_6041760030704068674_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom