Climbing Raux

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice! I've seen a guide book for powerlinez. Your pic looks better (surprise), even if you did take it w/a potato.
May 2nd!

gtluke

The Moped
Hmm, there is a transit depot across 87 on the west side of the road. But station or something with a cliff behind it, I heard it's bolted sport. Is that what you mean @clarkenstein ? I never heard anyone call the powerlines transit cliffs.
I want to check out that spot behind the bus lot for sure. Looks cool from the road.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hmm, there is a transit depot across 87 on the west side of the road. But station or something with a cliff behind it, I heard it's bolted sport. Is that what you mean @clarkenstein ? I never heard anyone call the powerlines transit cliffs.
I want to check out that spot behind the bus lot for sure. Looks cool from the road.

yep - same zone, i really like the transit cliffs, its just the transit cliffs are WAY sketchy. there are bolted routes and tons of bouldering to be had. access is iffy at best there. you have to park off site and sneak in.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cheezwhiz, sorry to hear about the injury. Highballs have led to a lot of unintended consequences.
Not to be too ghoulish, but are you thinking about selling all this stuff in a big bundle, or parting out?

icolquhoun

I'd really like to bundle it just cause parting it out is gonna be a pain with not being able to walk, pack it up, or go to the PO to send it out but I can see how that will limit the sale...
I know it cost $1400+ for everything I have receipts for, which isn't all of it. I'd let it go for 900obo picked up or plus shipping

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, that's a serious investment. I'm just looking to shore up stuff I've already got and fill in some cracks, as it were. Nickel and dime stuff. Sorry you have to sell it. Noticed there aren't any crashpads listed ;)

icolquhoun

Yeah, that's a serious investment. I'm just looking to shore up stuff I've already got and fill in some cracks, as it were. Nickel and dime stuff. Sorry you have to sell it. Noticed there aren't any crashpads listed ;)
happened indoors of all places...i'm not much of a boulderer figures the one time i attempt a hard problem it really bites me
I'd be willing to split it I guess, as it's gonna be hard to sell an entire set-up
what ya interested in?

xc62701

This makes me sad. But after the BEATING you laid down this past weekend, mebbe a lil less so. No more crashing on your shoulder though, k?

Yea I can finally reach over my head but then I can't do much with my left arm so climbing is out for a while. I gotta get the shoulder healthy first.

What beating? I was just riding along ;)

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK, so this is happening, right? Saturday the 2nd of May at Peterskill!
Word on the street has us at 4-5 top ropes in a super unthreatening area that's also a nice place to meander.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i am out - son has a baseball game at noon. would be poor form to not show when you are a coach.

Top Bottom