Climbing Moochy 12/2

Panhead

I'm headed out to Moochy on Friday for what may or may not be the last of the year climbs. I'll be at the wall parking lot for 11 if anyone is into some climbing.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wish I could join you, but will be stuck crunching numbers at the office.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wish I could join you, but will be stuck crunching numbers at the office.

I don't think he's doing what you think he's doing.

I can normally skip out on work with short notice for something like this, but we are slammed this week. I've only climbed the practice wall there, have fun!

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ohhhhh.......now I get it.

tumblr_m6ts36vjse1rtxbzgo1_250.gif

Panhead

ohhhhh.......now I get it.

tumblr_m6ts36vjse1rtxbzgo1_250.gif
No worries, Reggie. I've started to get back into climbing, this winter I'm planning on doing some ice, then jn the spring into the Gunks.
It's been almost a solid year since I've done any real riding, keep saying this weekend but it never happens.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My wife and I climb at Gravity Vault in Chatham twice a week if you ever want to join us.

Panhead

Thanks for the invite. What days are you guys there? I just stopped in the GV up in Saddle Brook to sign my waiver for the Powerlinz in Suffern area.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the invite. What days are you guys there?

We are usually there on Monday and then either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, mostly depending on the weather. Monday is their buy one get one day, and if you join the Jersey Rock Climbers Meetup, you can get a pass on Thursday for $14. I have a membership and am generally down to go any day that I'm not riding.

gtluke

The Moped
No worries, Reggie. I've started to get back into climbing, this winter I'm planning on doing some ice, then jn the spring into the Gunks.
It's been almost a solid year since I've done any real riding, keep saying this weekend but it never happens.
I go to the gunks almost every weekend. I"m also always looking for a partner. Hit me up if you want to go.

Panhead

I'll see what I can do about meeting up with you guys at GV.
Thanks for the invite Luke, I'll be looking you up for some Gunks. Just to be fair, I've never lead roped before and I'm getting back into it after 30 years away. I'm solid on 5.7 on a TR.

gtluke

The Moped
I'll see what I can do about meeting up with you guys at GV.
Thanks for the invite Luke, I'll be looking you up for some Gunks. Just to be fair, I've never lead roped before and I'm getting back into it after 30 years away. I'm solid on 5.7 on a TR.

As long as you know how to belay.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@gtluke would rather drive the extra 45 minutes to the Gunks because it is way better. I like it since it's 35 minutes away, but it's obviously not nearly as good at the Gunks. I am also a noob and was only there once. I think Luke said that he and @axcxnj climb there occasionally after work when they have limited daylight.

Panhead

Yeah, I was wondering how it is for last minute or staying local blasts. I'm sure it can't compare to the Gunks.

cbiker

I can climb most days if the weather is good and you are lookig to climb pm me and I can show you around the powerlinez or the gunks.

Panhead

I'm heading out to Moochy tomorrow with a few friends. Plan to climb from 10-2ish then do a few hours of riding from the sussex branch lot. Everyone is welcome to jump in. I haven't ridden since June so it may be worth just watching the show.

Top Bottom