Clean Start

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
What started in January of 2015 is a wrap.

Now it is onto something new! I've started one of those overblown, flush/detox/fat burning/multi-level-marketing/all-hype systems. It is a 9 day system, which is really 11 days, from Isagenix. Why they call it a 9 day, instead of 11. cause 9 is a single digit, and "look at the results from our 9 day system" - the research is questionable, if not outright laughable. The material is all about convincing you it is working, and getting others involved.

Write How you feel, it says. Even provides a tape measure! Also, a grid to write in numbers, and track progress...i'm not doing that.

Why am i doing it? Why not! Cause I can? How bad can it be? we'll see.

--

So i measured around my problem area - about belly-button height, around the love handles. Will report loss - so nobody gets nauseous.

I'd imagine going from a regular diet to this, there would be a tremendous amount of weight loss - but i'm coming off the colonoscopy, so i've already got the pipes cleaned. My take is that they have quite a bit of purge in their formula.

Schedule looks like this:
s s c c s s s s c c
s = shake c = cleanse
shake days are couple of pills, a cleanse liquid, two shakes, prescribed snacks, light meal, lots of water
cleanse days are couple of pills, 4 cleanse liquid, prescribed snacks, coffee, lots of water

Apologize ahead of time if i'm grumpy.

--

Started the year knocking on the door of 200lbs (again) - the time spent in florida got me losing weight - then the food poisoning took the weight down a bit more. I've been a bit more cognizant of what gets eaten, to avoid anymore "distress" - so let's call it 180lbs as of today.

I have no weight loss goal.

is this some sort of ploy to publicly state a goal doesn't exist to make it more likely to achieve it?o_O

Or is it some MLM trick to state goal afterwards, and claim that it got blown away? Or is it a reference to something someone else posted?:rolleyes:

follow along - i'll also be building up the EVO, which should be fun.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1st to point out that you had total poetic license to use the word "colonoscopy" in the title of a blog thread and passed.

Therefore I am also the first to report that you have failed step 1 of this regime.

soulchild

qNvRUHt.gif

I'm just here for all the BS pseudo bro science that someone's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

xc62701

I've done the isagenix cleanse a few times. By the end of the second day of cleansing you'll want to punch a sweet old lady in the face. Just don't wreck the gains by binging once it's all over. Good luck!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Schedule.

Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself.

Eat all the ice cream. Weigh 200+ pounds on day 12.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Pills you n need to buy, shakes you need to buy!!! All available from Cleanseyoass!

My wife did a detox a few weeks ago. Other than no coffee, not much was different from her normal diet.

Anything you do for such a short period is going to do much, unless it is ride 120 miles a day for 9 days, so just do that and have better results.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Schedule.

Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself. Shit yourself.

Eat all the ice cream. Weigh 200+ pounds on day 12.

Pills you n need to buy, shakes you need to buy!!! All available from Cleanseyoass!

My wife did a detox a few weeks ago. Other than no coffee, not much was different from her normal diet.

Anything you do for such a short period is going to do much, unless it is ride 120 miles a day for 9 days, so just do that and have better results.

This plan looks caffeine and laxative based. so not far off.
no dairy. no processed sugar. no fat. coffee is allowed, but black.

i'm of the mindset that it will move the base weight number a bit, maybe 2-3 lbs. The scale will probably say 10+ on the last day, and i'll put
weight back on, but that is ok.

I'm hoping for a bit of a mental boost to stop the grazing/binge eating. Seems the beer thing has been reeled in, although i had some whiskey
friday night, and paid for that saturday.

So yes - i realize it is a marketing scam. I'm not going to get on their subscription plan, and do this once per quarter, or one day per week, or whatever else
they have concocted (they have something for everyone, as you'd expect) - but successfully completing it, just like completing a double century, should help
with the mental mettle.

----

the EVO frame is sweet. Time to turn it into a rolling frameset with some cheap-ass wheels, while i save some coin for something nice.
suggestions? Ksyrium pro carbon sl c? wonder if i have a road stem around?

Last edited:

xc62701

It's always good to shock the body and change it up a bit. Just don't do it right before a race or something where you want optimal fitness. Your body may hate you for a bit but you'll be better for it in the long run. For me it just helped to break the sugar cycle. I have a persistent sweet tooth and if I don't have any sweets it's no biggie. If I have them then that's all I want. Moderation is key but willpower is nonexistent sometimes.

hotsauce

Good luck with the angry poops. I have no insight there.

No need to spend big coin on road rims unless you're looking for the most marginal of gains. Some of the newer aluminum offerings like Easton R90SL or A-Force AL33 are so darn close to the Zipps of the world for 1/3 of the price, with better hubs, and actually stop you when you pull on the brakes. The upcoming Mavic Open Pro also may be worth a look. Build em yourself or find a good wheel builder and lace them to White or I9 hubs.

The only caveat with the EVO is you'll be limited to very narrow tire choice with 19.5mm internal width. Expect a little tire rub unless you go 32 spokes in the rear.

Last edited:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Amendment to my statement earlier. I did not do the 9 day, I did the 30 day. I believe it was a week of just the shake days, then two weeks in a row of the schedule with the 2 day cleanses built in, and week 4 was all shake days again.

There are, as far as i could tell, no laxatives. Minimal change on that front, which surprised me. The first few days were tough in terms of hunger. Cleanse days 1&2 were not that fun, 3&4 were better. I dropped somewhere between 15-18 lbs. After the 30 days, I continued on a modified (by me) version that still included the shake for breakfast ad most dinners, stuck to the portion sizing (tried to eat an entire deli roll sized sammich and could only finish half) foe many months and was doing great. Always a shake after ride/race/workout. I even dropped another 5lbs or so. They tout pH balance, no sugar, etc.
it worked for me until beer happened.
Key takeaways for me......
Portion control. Many small meals.
Portion balance. I used an app, LoseIt! To track calories and content. (Just scan the barcode on each product).
Sugar bad.

Beer fucked it all up, and pizza, and cookies, oh, donuts too, and beer.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
the EVO frame is sweet. Time to turn it into a rolling frameset with some cheap-ass wheels, while i save some coin for something nice.

Reynolds Carbons FTW. I have the Assaults (46mm) and they have been bulletproof. 5 years and over 10K miles, never touched a spoke or bearing. Braking in the wet takes some getting used to but with the new version Reynolds blue pads is OK. Let me know if you want to try them out.

TK

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This plan looks caffeine and laxative based. so not far off.
no dairy. no processed sugar. no fat. coffee is allowed, but black.

i'm of the mindset that it will move the base weight number a bit, maybe 2-3 lbs. The scale will probably say 10+ on the last day, and i'll put
weight back on, but that is ok.

I'm hoping for a bit of a mental boost to stop the grazing/binge eating. Seems the beer thing has been reeled in, although i had some whiskey
friday night, and paid for that saturday.

So yes - i realize it is a marketing scam. I'm not going to get on their subscription plan, and do this once per quarter, or one day per week, or whatever else
they have concocted (they have something for everyone, as you'd expect) - but successfully completing it, just like completing a double century, should help
with the mental mettle.

----

For the money, the dura ace c24's are hard to beat. I had a set of 7900's and they stood the test of time so I got the 9100's in the spring. Considering they can be had for well under a grand, puts them at the top of my list.

Mavic wheels are bomb proof but they just seem sorta meh at this point. There is a reason they bought ENVE because mavic brand became stale.

Top Bottom