The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
giphy-2.gif

Is this old news or new news
Happy birthday

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Another year, another chance to improve.

Do we seize it?
Or let it slip away....

Looking at it from Day 1, it has so much potential.
Getting a workout started is always the hardest part. Once it is going, it is just like doing anything else.
Even doing it half-way, is probably better than nothing (although some are of the opinion that this is not true)

Completed: remove barriers. The trainer is inside, as are weights, an elliptical, and rowing machine.
I have the clothes to be outdoors too - The investment has been made.

Raced today - and I think i had too much cheese on sunday, cause i may explode soon.
Disappointing 4th place in my AG for a small race - don't know how far back from 3rd (edit 43 seconds). It was windy,
and I was about 2 minutes slower than my last race - couldn't get the pace up. Maybe a little to do
with yesterday's ride.

Next is probably short track.
April is the Rutgers Half Marathon

Not sure what is going on after that.
Mooch Madness - might not do endurance this year - but maybe.
Hopefully something else in the 25mi range.

Looking forward to more family oriented outdoor time - hiking and maybe something on the water (liquid or frozen)
With the w1f3 now 18 months post knee surgery, the limp is gone, and the elliptical is getting used again.
the kid is about 10 weeks from the start of outdoor track - he has done nothing of note. well he has lifted weights,
and grown another inch - but that probably won't get him around a track and over hurdles any faster....
thinking a zwift training plan - or one of the others to build some stamina.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
I like to look at the bottom of the AG results.
Hope to live that long - and still be able to get out there and mix it up...

1/1/2019

RESOLUTION RUN 5K MALE 85 AND OVER *=Spec.Cat.Winner
PLACE RUNNER'S NAME CITY/TOWN AGE SX OVR CODE U (#) TIME PACE PERFORMANCE%
1.Nathaniel Finestone Mountainside,NJ 89 M 384 U 181 39:12.27 12:37 70.77%
2.Arch Seamans Rockaway,NJ 86 M 455 U 512 47:14.08 15:12 52.22%

RESOLUTION RUN 5K FEMALE 85 AND OVER *=Spec.Cat.Winner
1.Diane Stone Chatham,NJ 87 F 457 U 536 47:25.60 15:16 62.21%
2.Shirley Pettijohn Chatham,NJ 85 F 525 U 449 56:01.22 18:02 49.35%
3.Melva Murray Hillsborough,NJ 86 F 539 U 390 1:06:36.17 21:26 42.82%

rick81721

Lothar
I like to look at the bottom of the AG results.
Hope to live that long - and still be able to get out there and mix it up...

1/1/2019

RESOLUTION RUN 5K MALE 85 AND OVER *=Spec.Cat.Winner
1.Nathaniel Finestone Mountainside,NJ 89 M 384 U 181 39:12.27 12:37 70.77%
2.Arch Seamans Rockaway,NJ 86 M 455 U 512 47:14.08 15:12 52.22%

RESOLUTION RUN 5K FEMALE 85 AND OVER *=Spec.Cat.Winner
1.Diane Stone Chatham,NJ 87 F 457 U 536 47:25.60 15:16 62.21%
2.Shirley Pettijohn Chatham,NJ 85 F 525 U 449 56:01.22 18:02 49.35%
3.Melva Murray Hillsborough,NJ 86 F 539 U 390 1:06:36.17 21:26 42.82%

This my bucket list goal - beat this chump at the indoor 1 hr record:

DateRiderAgeVelodromeDistance (km)Supported byEquipmentNotes
1 February 2012 Robert Marchand101Aigle, Switzerland 24.250 (New record)[100]
31 October 2014 Robert Marchand103Saint-Quentin en Yvelines, France26.925
(New record)[81]

Patrick

Staff member
the month is flying by, and i did not seize it (yet) -
I'm up before 6:00 every morning, and the hours just fly by until i need to go work on my client's place,
or my projects, or paperwork (would like to get the taxes done early this year)

zwift should come on-line today sometime. been farting around, and my kid was using the tv as a monitor,
so he has a nice new 4k version now - who knew that 2GB of graphics memory isn't enough.
Excuses.

This is an electric fishing reel. It is kinda nice in that it can estimate the amount of line that is out (reels have been doing this forever with a mechanical counter),
which somewhat relates to the depth of terminal-tackle of my choice - beyond the ability
to measure, it also has power retrieve, and deploy (and it is programmable to accomplish these tasks unassisted after start.)
They refer to them as power-assist, but they
don't need assistance other than moving the lever to engage the motor/program. They don't have an internal battery,
and require a cord - not to a battery pack, but to a marine battery. they draw 10amps under load (meaning
you are catching a fish with the motor)

so now i can use the autopilot that runs the trolling motor integrated with the fishing app for logging gps coordinates and details of a catch.
put the poles in the holders, set the reels to deploy, sit back and drink beer, until i need to take a fish off the hook.

i do not own one of these, nor do i want one. but there is a market out there for them. retrieving 300yds of line sucks on a reel that
is set up for power (low gear ratio) - so there is that. fishing multiple rods when alone, and having them reel-in to prevent a fish from
crossing lines, yeah. i can see the convenience.

1547989168268.png

Last edited:

qclabrat

the month is flying by, and i did no seize it (yet) -
I'm up before 6:00 every morning, and the hours just fly by until i need to go work on my client's place,
or my projects, or paperwork (would like to get the taxes done early this year)

zwift should come on-line today sometime. been farting around, and my kid was using the tv as a monitor,
so he has a nice new 4k version now - who knew that 2GB of graphics memory isn't enough.
Excuses.

This is an electric fishing reel. I is kinda nice in that it can estimate the amount of line that is out (reels have been doing this forever with a mechanical counter),
which somewhat relates to the depth of terminal-tackle of my choice - beyond the ability
to measure, it also has power retrieve, and deploy (and it is programmable to accomplish these tasks unassisted after start.)
They refer to them as power-assist, but they
don't need assistance other than moving the lever to engage the motor/program. They don't have an internal battery,
and require a cord - not to a battery pack, but to a marine battery. they draw 10amps under load (meaning
you are catching a fish with the motor)

so now i can use the autopilot that runs the trolling motor integrated with the fishing app for logging gps coordinates and details of a catch.
put the poles in the holders, set the reels to deploy, sit back and drink beer, until i need to take a fish off the hook.

i do not own one of these, nor do i want one. but there is a market out there for them. retrieving a 300yds of line sucks on a reel that
is set up for power (low gear ratio) - so there is that. fishing multiple rods when alone, and having them reel-in to prevent a fish from
crossing lines, yeah. i can see the convenience.

View attachment 85986
I've always liked Shimano reels for my freshwater setups. Don't do much boat fishing since I have no sea legs. What's the price of this?

Patrick

Staff member
I've always liked Shimano reels for my freshwater setups. Don't do much boat fishing since I have no sea legs. What's the price of this?

they run $400 and up (way up) Grey market a bit less. most of my spin casting is shimano, bait casting is daiwa.

Last edited:
Top Bottom