Clean Start

rick81721

Lothar
Excited to Ride!

I was really pumped to meet-up with @qclabrat and crew this morning at CR. popped out of bed around 5:50 for the sub-20 minute drive,
and got organized. Did some chores around the house, slammed some coffee, and headed out. Two minutes out of the driveway, i realized i forgot my
pump - this isn't a big deal, as someone would have one. Not like it was shoes or a helmet.

The expected weather was right around 30 with light snow. Time to try out the new Lake winter shoes. I put the cleats in last night, not loctite - i should
change that. My regular boot socks, a thermal compression bottom and bike pants with a chamois liner. Zip up thermal top, and PI jacket.
Since I shave my head (i am not bald, it is a haircut. i'm sticking with that) what is under the helmet is always an interesting choice.
no need at 40 - but i couldn't find my winter beanie, so took a summer headsweat and a balaclava. Gloves were my PI cool weather, with a pair of HD work gloves over them.
Finger tips got a bit chilled, but not enough to bother me.

Anyway, arrive at the lot, and say hello to Walter, and meet Chris. We are a threesome. I saddle up, and go to roll - decide to switch from beanie to balaclava.
we roll over to the construction zone on white, but it is too wet to pass through. Progress report: 2/3 of the deck is complete. Roll through the lot and do middle red, to guardrail,
to the new section off gilbride, orange behind the ballfield, trail to the gate at gilbride, white to the dam, lower red back, and an outer loop of blue. Solid 1:45 moving or so.
Easy, but steady on the pace - and limited stops - it was a really good ride.

I'm getting ready to unlock the car, and to my horror, the pocket I put the keys in was unzipped. Keys are gone. Car is locked. I usually lock the car with the fob, so i don't lock
the keys in - i remember checking how flat they were in my pocket. UGH - Walter checks some of red, i check some of white, but the snow is coming hard, and they are gone.
Yes THEY - both cars, the house key, and the speedpass. What an ass. Walter bails me out, and drives me home, as my w1f3 is out getting her ho-ho-ho on.

I realize when i get home, that i can unlock the car with the app, but it still doesn't do me any good. I'm checking the weather for snow melt predictions. Planning on a 10+ mile hike with a
metal detector, thinking about cancelling the speedpass, and re-keying my truck. On the other hand, keys have been recovered before, so I take the positive route.

When we left the newman's lot, it was packed. Hikers, runners, dog walkers, a fat bike. :D and the regular groups of riders. I get back about 2 hours later, and it is empty.
Keys are not on the rail, or under the kiosk - great.

I open up the car, and there they are. Sitting on the passenger seat. (Walter asked if i was sure i didn't do that.....) When changing to the balaclava, i put them down on the seat,
and didn't put them back in the pocket. I was really stoked to get on the trail, it was a total blank!

It's a Christmas miracle.

Time to go take my w1f3 to Conclave, and celebrate. Just saved at least 5 Cs...
Thanks again @qclabrat ....

Sucks getting old! I did something similar with my wallet a few weeks ago

Fire Lord Jim

I was riding with a bunch of Tri guys. White jerseys and road shoes. We did run into Iggy.
I was easy to recognize: dressed like a cyclist, on a bike, with knobby tires. Can't miss that!

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Happy endings are always nice
Here's a pic of the bridge progress, we joked around getting it banged out in a day with the Jorba gang and jdog, but then again if I were getting paid for it, it would get milked as well. It should be ready by spring.
View attachment 60380
I'll finally be able to ride that section or trail!:D

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This is going to change-up next year.....

IMG_8098.PNG

====================

i've run 2 half marathons. 1:59 (i actually stopped and waited for someone i was running with - he saw me and hid),
and 2:10 - i lifted a toe nail around mile 6 - that was pleasant. I'd like to go sub-4 hours. 3:40 qualifies for the boston marathon at my ancient age.
last 10k i ran was 56 minutes - and it was a comfortable pace, without training.

Wow - i'm going to go running without anyone chasing me!

rick81721

Lothar
This is going to change-up next year.....

View attachment 60496

====================

i've run 2 half marathons. 1:59 (i actually stopped and waited for someone i was running with - he saw me and hid),
and 2:10 - i lifted a toe nail around mile 6 - that was pleasant. I'd like to go sub-4 hours. 3:40 qualifies for the boston marathon at my ancient age.
last 10k i ran was 56 minutes - and it was a comfortable pace, without training.

Wow - i'm going to go running without anyone chasing me!

Congrats! Now I want to see a training plan, running 3X/week, starting july 8!

Patrick

Staff member
Thankfully there isn't enough room in the Geo for "activities".

small enough to clean by hand. :eek:

Code:
with the top let back and the sunshine shining,
spend all my time at Hollywood and Vine

-kid rock

Patrick

Staff member
Well it is the last day of the year, and what a rollercoaster it has been.

Did I say i wasn't going to do a cleanse again? I lied. The holiday weight and bad habits have returned.
Not at the level of last year, but damn.
Starting up Jan 2->12. Stay tuned, and chime in on the support line !! Same Isagenix routine as last time. the 9 day routine that takes 11.

--

12 weeks post thumb injury, and it still uncomfortable to shift the mtb.
Less bummed about missing the cx season now that I've gotten a few rides in.

Broke a spoke at the sourlands (or 6MR?) on the tallboy last week - finally threw on the 29r in the back. B+ up front.
The back of the bike was much lighter. Couldn't get the shifting dialed, going to check that later today.
Took the SS out at 6MR - Gotta say it was quite the effort with all the clothes on! But it was fun.

I should get out for 10 miles or so at some point today - which will wrap up my season:

2200 miles in the saddle - 130 riding days. plus a bunch of spin classes.
82 miles of running - 22 days
mid-pack in fantasy football

That doubles 2016 totals. Was at 1900 after HTT, so....
next stop short track and return to HOH!

Happy New Year !
Health and Success to you and yours.

Top Bottom