Claypit Creek section of Hartshorne possibly expanding

I read the article. On one hand you will be giving more user groups access to a beautiful waterway. On the hand other local residents will be put off by increased traffic in the area.

It's been my experience with the Park system that natural resources such as the Claypit area are never set up like a cheesy money making tourist attraction. Yes more people will be drawn to the area but why should this beautiful section of waterway not be shared with those looking for outdoor recreation that produces minimal impact to the environment.

This is taxpayer land, let the public have access to it. That's my opinion. Local residents living in a 2 million dollar home probably have a different opinion:)

This is taxpayer land, let the public have access to it. That's my opinion. Local residents living in a 2 million dollar home probably have a different opinion:)

Eh those rich Middletowners - one of our favorite crabbing spots is right off one of those huge mansions (I was told Jeter used to live there). We'll sit there drinking beer and wave at this guy that would take a golf cart from his back entrance down to his dock

I read the article. On one hand you will be giving more user groups access to a beautiful waterway. On the hand other local residents will be put off by increased traffic in the area.

It's been my experience with the Park system that natural resources such as the Claypit area are never set up like a cheesy money making tourist attraction. Yes more people will be drawn to the area but why should this beautiful section of waterway not be shared with those looking for outdoor recreation that produces minimal impact to the environment.

You 100% nailed my opinion. Right now it's totally underutilized. I have absolutely no issue with them making improvements that would encourage and allow more taxpayers to experience that resource.

Right now it's pretty much used just by two user groups: dog walkers and overflow parking for mountain bikers. That's just a waste.

Most of the objections will come from super wealthy NIMBYs who will selfishly and incorrectly fear it will negatively affect their property values. I just hope county officials have the cojones to do what will benefit the taxpayers as a whole - i.e. Make a beautiful waterfront park that will be enjoyed.

That beautiful spot deserves to be more than just a doggy bathroom and overflow parking

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions