Chimney rock trails ?

yanmar

I've only ridden the Newmans Ln. side of wash valley . Do the yellow and orange trails connect at any point ? According to the map it does not look like it .

rick81721

Lothar
I've only ridden the Newmans Ln. side of wash valley . Do the yellow and orange trails connect at any point ? According to the map it does not look like it .

The entrances to yellow and orange on gilbride rd are about 100 yds apart.

thegock

They are on the east and west side, respectively, of the concrete bridge south of Gilbride Rd.

stilluf

plus ball field trails north of gilbride. Some riders park at the ball fields lot on chimney rock rd and start with those trails.

qclabrat

Fake news, when the pond between yellow and orange is low, they connect. I've only ridden half way, cause like a cat I don't like getting wet...
Screenshot_20180717-115132.png

yanmar

I rode the yellow and orange on Friday 7/20 for the first time and I must say it was a humbling experience ! It's amazing the difference in the amount of rocks and elevation between the two sides of the park . I fell a few times going up from killing my momentum ( cant get out of the pedals quick enough ) and held my own going down for my ability . Albeit I left with bumps and bruises , I still left with a smile on my face and a stronger love for the sport .

qclabrat

I rode the yellow and orange on Friday 7/20 for the first time and I must say it was a humbling experience ! It's amazing the difference in the amount of rocks and elevation between the two sides of the park . I fell a few times going up from killing my momentum ( cant get out of the pedals quick enough ) and held my own going down for my ability . Albeit I left with bumps and bruises , I still left with a smile on my face and a stronger love for the sport .
The far east end of Yellow, "High Tech" trails are no joke, I've never come close to clearing the entire span in either direction. It's my goal sometime next year to be able to ride that section. Good job getting out and pushing your limits.

yanmar

Not sure where you are talking about but I did come out to a parking lot near a museum looking for the trail again and rode ( a lot of pushing ) a rock littered trail near a bridge and road that dumped out on a old two track road . I know it wasn't Gilbride cause that's where I parked .

qclabrat

I can give a full tour next time you're around, I'm slow and tend to fall a lot as well so will be good company for you...
1532375718450.png

yanmar

I plan to ride one day every weekend as my time off is almost done due to being prorated this year due to being on disability the first three months of the year so if that works for you I would love to take you up on the offer . I'm also in Forked River so I am traveling as well . There is no doubt I rode and pushed the tough section along Vossler ave.

freshmtb

Hello people. anyone here still riding Chimney Rock? Once it dries out anyone down for a ride? I'm only familiar with Blue, red and white trails and never tried orange and yellow. Down for a tour on these trails =D

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hello people. anyone here still riding Chimney Rock? Once it dries out anyone down for a ride? I'm only familiar with Blue, red and white trails and never tried orange and yellow. Down for a tour on these trails =D
FYI they have group rides there on Monday nites with a social pace. Thursday nite as well with a drop ride. Look for Monday Fun rides at CR or something like dat.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions