chimney rock park 12/27 tomorrow at 09:45 wheels down

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
For whats it worth, myself @Dajerseyrat @shrpshtr325 are meeting at newmans lane lot for a ride at chimney rock. Pace will be casual.

Looking to do 90 mins or so. I'm presuming the trails are ok to ride. All are welcome to join.

qclabrat

Not too bad. Some mud in the low spots..
I think I'm in shape and consider myself a decent rider but this place makes me second guess that every time I go. It's so mentally defeating to me..Chimney Rock kicks my ass so bad...???
post your Strava, or PM it to me, interested in your route
CR is not an easy park, if you don't carry speed, some of the tech sections will punish you

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
post your Strava, or PM it to me, interested in your route
CR is not an easy park, if you don't carry speed, some of the tech sections will punish you

we started at newmans, went up and around red - guardrail climb, straight over the top to gilbride, up the yellow climb to hawk watch, - high tech, down yellow switchbacks, back over orange to lower red back to the lot.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2038589204

Dajerseyrat

Here is my Maprika.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181227-163215.png
    Screenshot_20181227-163215.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 109

Dajerseyrat

Seriously, very disheartening ride...I didn't make one single switchback on the climb over near high tech. This place makes me question my abilities ?

rick81721

Lothar
Seriously, very disheartening ride...I didn't make one single switchback on the climb over near high tech. This place makes me question my abilities ?

Just gotta keep practicing. Yellow trails are great for that.

FYI I always park at the ballparks lot on Chimney Rock rd north of Gilbride. From there, a short warmup on the brown trails and then you can jump right on yellow.

yanmar

Never question your abilities , make it a goal to get better ( unless your at M.C. ) lol

Top Bottom