chimney rock park 12/27 tomorrow at 09:45 wheels down

scotth

It’s a tough spot especially with leaves, don’t let it get you down. There’s other switchbacks that would be good practice, not sure what color trail, though. Come up out of the guardrail and hang a right at the top, stay right and go down the rocks, left along the water......coming up out of that section are a few switchbacks....sorry I have no idea of a color or name for that section.

rick81721

Lothar
It’s a tough spot especially with leaves, don’t let it get you down. There’s other switchbacks that would be good practice, not sure what color trail, though. Come up out of the guardrail and hang a right at the top, stay right and go down the rocks, left along the water......coming up out of that section are a few switchbacks....sorry I have no idea of a color or name for that section.

There's another switchback on orange. Since I start at the ballfields I have to do the climb on orange from Gilbride first (there are some easy switchbacks on this one). At the top, have to hang a left, go back down towards the water and then back up.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

this is orange, we skipped over them yesterday, @rick81721 you guys are talking about the same set of switchbacks, the trail along the water that leads to them (to climb them) is quite chunky and technical.

rick81721

Lothar
this is orange, we skipped over them yesterday, @rick81721 you guys are talking about the same set of switchbacks, the trail along the water that leads to them (to climb them) is quite chunky and technical.

Yeah I know, was describing how to get there from a different direction. These were my nemeses for a few years, finally cleaned it 2 years ago.

Dajerseyrat

They are so tight and on such a steep incline. It's a double edged sword in regards to momentum to carry you through them..plus you're already half spent from the previous climb...On a side not I recovered pretty fast and my legs arent jello today.

Top Bottom