Chimney Rock Group Ride 10/21

All the leaves are turning Brown and the skies have been gray, you'd be safe and warm if you join us for a group ride at Chimney Rock. Ok, so this doesn't exactly rhythm but the facts remain, we will get together for a day of peace, love and happiness while riding bikes on October 21st. CR has rocks, big and small, this is a good introduction to riding and falling on them.

I'd encourage beginner mtbers to attend even though the trails are a bit more technical due to rocks and elevation, if you only ride places like Allaire and 6 mile you are limiting yourself and missing out on riding rocks, which can be a highly rewarding challenge.

If any locals would like to help with rides, please chime in, we can use it.
@Jim Richardson
@MissJR

Date; 10/21 Sunday at 9am
Location; the ball fields parking lot.
Chimney Rock Park
792 Chimney Rock Rd, Martinsville, NJ 08836

https://maps.google.com/?cid=9803220696767654161

How difficult is this........ can i handle this?? @jklett @Dajerseyrat @qclabrat

Ehhhhh.....We all know you have the motivation and balls to do it. It might be a little above your technical riding abilities and the rocks are way less forgiving than the dirt at six mile..

Believe or not i still have bruises from the last ride and still look like i just got beat up good by a professional boxer or something .. which im kinda proud of! LOL ok ill give it a try

Believe or not i still have bruises from the last ride and still look like i just got beat up good by a professional boxer or something .. which im kinda proud of! LOL ok ill give it a try
get some elbow and knee pads. Notice even as big as Jules maybe, he's smart to wear them.
They maybe expensive but much cheaper than a busted body part

I'm not able to join this due to a CX race, but does anyone have a GPX file they can share of the best trail flow at Chimney? @Norm map is super helpful, but curious what is best direction to hit all sections during a ride. Thanks.

get some elbow and knee pads. Notice even as big as Jules maybe, he's smart to wear them.
They maybe expensive but much cheaper than a busted body part
No shame in protecting your bits and pieces. I'll be sporting them on my knees and elbows this Sunday. I even wear them at 6-Mile because Murphy's Law is just waiting for me to show up unprepared.

So if we depart at 9am about how long is the ride? The wife said if my chores are done Saturday, we can do what i want on Sunday. I am trying to get this ride in and Oktoberfest in on Sunday

So if we depart at 9am about how long is the ride? The wife said if my chores are done Saturday, we can do what i want on Sunday. I am trying to get this ride in and Oktoberfest in on Sunday
We should be back at lot by 12.

I ride some pretty rocky and technical trails most of the time, but my worst crashes and injuries happened at the pump track and the Tourne.
Exactly. I hope I'm not jinxing myself but of all the runs I've done at Mountain Creek my only "crash" was sliding off a wall and scraping my knee up pretty bad. The pads I had on were good for impacts but not so much for slides and scrapes.

Back
Top Bottom