Chimney Rock Conditions

thegock

First time at chimney rock today, Came off the second to last of my 7 day 12 hour overnight shift so I got to ride the morning with basically an empty park which was great. Conditions seemed great overall but definitely still some soupy sections on blue. I basically did an 8 mile figure 8 of the red and blue perimeter trails so that I could try both loops in each direction. Definitely a step up in difficulty from six mile run and the climbs were humbling after not being on any trails since August ?. Looking forward to riding chimney rock more and exploring the other side of the reservoir. ??.

Orange and Yellow aren't playing.

stilluf

At CR now. Just rode a bit on red, a little muddier than expected, but rideable with drying from top to bottom. Upper red was near tacky, middle was drying though still muddy.

thegock

Most of the trees have been cleared aside from the 2 leaners on Blue. Post up if you come across anything that was missed.

There's an 11" tree near the western end across the Red Connector (closest to the Newman Rd lot) hanging 8" from the ground. If I had skilz, it wouldn't be a problem.

thegock

Also, 3/4. (Editted after cleaning my bike for a half hour for @Xler8 ) Hog wallow on Red is mucky.

Didn't ride Blue

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There is a Widowmaker on upper red Newman's side. Dead blow down hanging over the trail with plenty of potential to shed a couple large limbs.

I should have snapped a pic for exact location

rick81721

Lothar
There's an 11" tree near the western end across the Red Connector (closest to the Newman Rd lot) hanging 8" from the ground. If I had skilz, it wouldn't be a problem.

Sure it was 11" and not 10"??

maximum-drywall-axe-tape-measure-connected-to-retractable-blade-for-easy-drywall-cutting-0.gif

Shorepoints

Rode red/white/blue just before the rain yesterday afternoon. Blue was good everywhere EXCEPT muddy on top where all the little dips/rivers cross the trail. Not good up there. Didn’t ride the bottom. Red was good except very muddy at the bottom of the Newman’s climb and I avoided both connectors. White was fine. All in all, after the rain, I’d avoid it for a few days.

Kangdoy

Was hoping to get out there tomorrow after work, around 6PM. Looks like I'll be going to SixMile instead.

Shorepoints

Rode perimeter Red, White, Orange, Yellow, and Blue today. As Kirt said, mostly great. A couple lingering mud patches in the usual spots. Bottom of Newman's climb on Red was still wet but not nearly as bad as earlier this week.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions