Chimney Rock Conditions

White is on the other side of CR Road. This might be considered an extension of the unmarked ball field trails?

Checked the map and the existing trails there are yellow. I've been informally calling it "apple pie" since someone unearthed an old pie tin during the trail build. It was sitting next to a tree the last time I was there.

It was good yesterday? Didn’t it rain all day here? Since it’s good I’ll hopefully be able to get on it tomorrow.

I don't think anyone has mentioned conditions since Jan 20th, and it was deteriorating due to rising temps:

Just got back as well and it's going down quick. If you're not there already, I'd say go somewhere else only did a few laps on blue and the last lap I could see my tires leaving some ruts. It won't get cold enough tonight to refreeze so tomorrow will probably be worse

How does Wednesday look if things stay dry or is it that bad there right? Its been a while since Ive been to CR so Im unaware of how the conditions are.

How does Wednesday look if things stay dry or is it that bad there right? Its been a while since Ive been to CR so Im unaware of how the conditions are.
We'll have a better gauge on Wednesday after the precip totals tomorrow.

It was good yesterday? Didn’t it rain all day here? Since it’s good I’ll hopefully be able to get on it tomorrow.
No, it was a muddy mess on Sunday. I was hiking, not biking. Yellow was a swamp, and that is the better of the trails for draining. Yet, saw bike tire tracks in the mud. Don't quite get it. Ride + Mud = closed trails. I know I'm preaching to the choir because I know riders on this forum know better than to ride in the mud. Is there a way to police it?

No, it was a muddy mess on Sunday. I was hiking, not biking. Yellow was a swamp, and that is the better of the trails for draining. Yet, saw bike tire tracks in the mud. Don't quite get it. Ride + Mud = closed trails. I know I'm preaching to the choir because I know riders on this forum know better than to ride in the mud. Is there a way to police it?
The lot was packed with riders on Saturday, the same day the police were looking for the missing girl. It was already bad then, probably worst this week with the continued mild weather.

With the cool down today, things should be frozen. The earlier the better. If you go, post conditions.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions