Chimney Rock Conditions

Oz Von Toco

ThAnks for the reply! Just getting antsy waiting for everything to dry up but I think I'll wait one more day. The hornets next is indeed somewhere by the logover in blue- got stung twice last week but wasn't sure it was a hornet since I didn't see/hear them

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
They only sting people going uphill. As they ignored us on the way down.

Funny part is we walked back over there and didn't see them. Could be in that stump a little uphill and left.

Last edited:

Oz Von Toco

Hit yellow and orange yesterday and they were almost completely dry. If anyone is hesitating to ride there I wouldn't. Didn't check on red, white, and blue but it does seem like they drain slightly slower

Oz Von Toco

I should also add that the switchback side of yellow (away from orange) is totally overgrown with thorns. Was getting completely ripped up. Gonna bring a machete or something next time I go back

thegock

I should also add that the switchback side of yellow (away from orange) is totally overgrown with thorns. Was getting completely ripped up. Gonna bring a machete or something next time I go back

Is this the switchbacks themselves or the ridge ("C") trail that goes east almost to Voseller Rd.? That was trimmed just three weeks ago.

Oz Von Toco

Is this the switchbacks themselves or the ridge ("C") trail that goes east almost to Voseller Rd.? That was trimmed just three weeks ago.

I'm a little directionally challenged to bear with me. The switchbacks themselves weren't as bad but tit was more the stuff closer to the top when you climb back up, this time I climbed the switchbacks since I'd never tried it in
That direction- still not really sure which way your "supposed to go ". Overall that side just
Seems to have a lot closing in on the trails, it has been wet and hot which could accelerate the growth perhaps

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions were as Mr Oz posted, much drier than you'd expect. Thanks.

Yellow is getting really overgrown. Much worse than it was a week ago. Next TM is Wednesday August 16th. My plan to to tackle all the really overgrown sections. If you ride here, please try & come out to help. Details coming next week.

There are a few more trees down as well. I sent the park an email with locations, so hopefully they get done quickly.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got stung twice on right calf shortly after heading up blue I'd say within the first minute from the road . Made my leg feel weird all night and especially when pushing hard on the pedals

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions