Chimney Rock Conditions

Tonggi

Decided to just gym it. Probably smart thing.. Thinking of going Friday morning instead. Any ideas? Any hunts going on?

stilluf

When I was there last Friday (red & blue trails), before the snow, it was obvious there was a ton of moisture locked up in the ground. With the additional snow last Saturday, and rain and warm temps this week, my bet is that trail conditions will still be borderline, even if everything is frozen. So proceed with caution if you go.

thegock

3/4

9:11am today.
IMG_20161222_144218.jpg

Mostly tacky dirt. Some mud in usual spots, but surprisingly dry overall. Didn't ride lower Blue.

thegock

1/29

9:45am

3/4

did 10 miles sweeping the 12 man Watchung MTB (we are political refugees) ride with one noob and one "neverbeentoCRguy". Slow.

Yellow was close to perfect. Red had great conditions, except in the Hog Wallow on the west side where the trail has that first left switchback and immediately above there. Blue (didn't do lower) was even muddier than Satuday-skip. White was a bit too wet. Orange had the mud above the new @rottin' / @Shorepoints berm.

Needs sun. If I went back today, I would ride yellow and red. EDIT: prolly Orange, too...

Last edited:

Shorepoints

Rode Tourne for the first time yesterday and it was bone dry, if you need a fix of rocks. Kind of a small/compact place but it was fun and seems to drain very well.

qclabrat

CR good today from 7-9am, except lower blue which is a mess. I even let a few guys know going clockwise that it was muddy. One of the guys responded that it would then be fun. I said no it wouldn't be. Clueless. White and red will be fine today, avoid blue. Most of orange and red fine as well

Off The Road Again

Agree. Starting a 8, Blue climb was fine. Lower Blue was a definite mess - you may have seen the same constituents we ran across in the lot to tell them not to ride lower Blue, and they just nodded, and headed to Blue. Lower Blue was not fun at all. Red was pretty good. Didn't ride White since last Saturday White was very mucky and thought with the warmer temps after 8 it wasn't going to be any better. Yellow would've probably been ok, tho the climbing part would've been a challenge in the snow. Orange, same, slippy climb and slippy descent. Overall, based on an 8 o'clock start and rising temps, CR is not in the best conditions to ride.

qclabrat

Agree. Starting a 8, Blue climb was fine. Lower Blue was a definite mess - you may have seen the same constituents we ran across in the lot to tell them not to ride lower Blue, and they just nodded, and headed to Blue. Lower Blue was not fun at all. Red was pretty good. Didn't ride White since last Saturday White was very mucky and thought with the warmer temps after 8 it wasn't going to be any better. Yellow would've probably been ok, tho the climbing part would've been a challenge in the snow. Orange, same, slippy climb and slippy descent. Overall, based on an 8 o'clock start and rising temps, CR is not in the best conditions to ride.
was that you in the black interceptor leaving around 8:30? , I was solo on a white and orange fat

Tonggi

has anyone been back since the weekend? Freezing temps may have frozen the ground but is there a lot of snow left? Was thinking of hitting yellow thursday night for a quick loop( go in circles at yellow) after work

stilluf

has anyone been back since the weekend? Freezing temps may have frozen the ground but is there a lot of snow left? Was thinking of hitting yellow thursday night for a quick loop( go in circles at yellow) after work
wrong thread. For what it's worth, I'm skeptical it'll be ridable. let us know.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions