Chimney Rock Conditions

It’s been a problem for a while. I feel like anything that’s done may still be problematic. I feel like the ground water is pretty close to the surface in a few spots around there.

Hiked on Monday night while my daughter was at dance. Don’t ride for a long while. Probably shouldn’t even hike here for while. More rain on the way too.

I went here for the first time last week when it was frozen solid with lots of ice. Lots of fun and I'd like to try it without the ice so I could actually get some speed on all those flow sections. But, I was really surprised by the number of tire ruts, especially on the NW side, which is actually on a hill. Does it always look like that?

I went here for the first time last week when it was frozen solid with lots of ice. Lots of fun and I'd like to try it without the ice so I could actually get some speed on all those flow sections. But, I was really surprised by the number of tire ruts, especially on the NW side, which is actually on a hill. Does it always look like that?
It’s rutted like this more and more these days. People have no respect for the trails or the people who do the heavy lifting when it comes to trail maintenance.
Pray for a refreeze or dry weather. Otherwise this year will be just like last.

Rode the Rock this morning. Everything was frozen, until about noon when we were heading back to the car. Parts were starting to get a little greasy but firm underneath. The biggest problem is the thousands of frozen ruts on Blue and Red. Skipped White because by that time it would have started thawing too much.

thegock

Conditions are probably pretty good RFN, but even more likely to go way downhill fast, based on the weather forecast.

How do I know? I check Walter's backyard...