Chiggers?!?!

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Does Clayton have Chiggers? I didn't think so but I rode there yesterday and today I have lots of really itchy little red bumps on both ankles below the sock line...I've never dealt with chiggers before, Does that sound like chigger bites? Is there anything I need to do or will it just go away by itself eventually?
Thanks!

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Not sure about if that is chiggers or not but I would think anywhere that has high grass clean be a hiding place for the little guys...

Frank

Sasquatch
Does Clayton have Chiggers? I didn't think so but I rode there yesterday and today I have lots of really itchy little red bumps on both ankles below the sock line...I've never dealt with chiggers before, Does that sound like chigger bites? Is there anything I need to do or will it just go away by itself eventually?
Thanks!

Welcome to the party pal, sounds like chiggers to me. It's probably too late to do anything but you could try ChiggerX. Just try to resist the urge to light your legs on fire. :(

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Lol @ Frank!

Not sure about if that is chiggers or not but I would think anywhere that has high grass clean be a hiding place for the little guys...

I've never had an issue to the west in Mercer county or up North.
Hopefully they aren't moving in on my turf! :getsome:

Last edited:

slinky

I don't know about chiggers, but I got stung by something real nasty at the bottom of the downhill at the beginning of bridges. Made my whole leg numb.

Frank

Sasquatch
I don't know about chiggers, but I got stung by something real nasty at the bottom of the downhill at the beginning of bridges. Made my whole leg numb.

Perhaps a ground wasp/hornet. Chiggers are itchy little bumps, not numbing...feel better!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions