Chick fil a opened last week

1560519848519.jpg

The planet is on f****** fire!
Consumers Have the Power
Although meat and dairy provide only 18% of calories and 37% of protein in our modern diet, they take up 83% of farmland and are responsible for 60% of agriculture’s GHG emissions.
These figures come from research showing that zero meat and dairy consumption would free over 75% of farmland. Even with that, we’d still be able to feed the global population.
To avoid the dangerous effects of climate change, we can’t rely on the mere good faith of the growth-oriented food industry.
By opting to cut, or at least eat less fast food, the consumer can influence the industry and force it into adopting more climate-friendly practices.

View attachment 97471

The planet is on f****** fire!
Consumers Have the Power
Although meat and dairy provide only 18% of calories and 37% of protein in our modern diet, they take up 83% of farmland and are responsible for 60% of agriculture’s GHG emissions.
These figures come from research showing that zero meat and dairy consumption would free over 75% of farmland. Even with that, we’d still be able to feed the global population.
To avoid the dangerous effects of climate change, we can’t rely on the mere good faith of the growth-oriented food industry.
By opting to cut, or at least eat less fast food, the consumer can influence the industry and force it into adopting more climate-friendly practices.
How come dinosaurs farts didnt blow up the earth.
Dont buy into climate change fear mongering.

Agreed. Fear mongering is bad.

But you should buy into science. Science is good. And Global Warming is real.
Science is driving entirely by money, whoever gives the most gets the results it's looking for. This statement comes directly from a scientist who spends 6 months a year at the south pole monitoring the sun and its effects.

JFC can someone drive by and take a photo? This conflicting information is killing me

Science is driving entirely by money, whoever gives the most gets the results it's looking for. This statement comes directly from a scientist who spends 6 months a year at the south pole monitoring the sun and its effects.
So, if all scientists cannot be trusted, why would you trust this scientist's opinion? Who's paying HIM/HER?

There are a lot of holes in this. Such as:

1. Who has boatloads of money to propagate this hoax? What is the benefit and to whom?
2. Plenty of people have a lot of money to actually do fake scientific studies to show the opposite is true. Like oil companies, etc
3. Pretty much every study done agrees that the temperature of the atmosphere is rising, despite point #2

I am not suggesting to not go to chick-fil-a due to global warming. I don't really think our core problem is farting cows and meat/dairy. I would however say that eating this shit is going to end your life earlier, as it is preposterously unhealthy.

But endlessly dumping plastic into the oceans and pollution into the environment isn't a good thing. No single disgruntled guy from the South Pole is going to ever be able to hand wave that away.

IF NOTHING ELSE - take this fact with you all today. FACT: cows do not fart. Look it up. It's a myth.

They burp.

My narrative is it's become a political tool. Pollution absolutely agree, disgusting to the tenth degree. If you really want to dig into rising temps and science behind it, you will see that weather has been a pattern of cycles and these cycles have repeated over millenniums. In fact science says we are at the end of this warming trend and heading for a mini ice age. Just dont buy that snowblower just yet because it ain't happening in our lifetime.

I will end this debate because it will become one side vs the other and does nothing for my ride today, tomorrow or next week :)

Holy crap can we just ride bikes. Maybe we need to ride through the drivethru at Chick-fil-A if that's a thing.

This thread is amazing how it has gone all over the place. Max may be a genius to be able to post about Chick fil a and have it turn into a global warming debate. Then again I think his intention was to get it all political, but I doubt he ever expected that.

Some how the earth came together to address CFCs. We should be about to do the same with green house gases.
Two things can happen at the same time. Planet cycle and green house gases going through the roof! There is weather and climate. Don't get them confused.

Scientific research reveals that it takes 10 calories to raise one chicken for you to get 1 calorie. WASTEFUL

The average american eats 200 pounds of meat!

I'm not saying I don't eat meat but I eat it a couple times a week and prefer mostly vegetbales. I've never had a meatless burger though. I'm not about that but wish I was!!! (BYND ticker). I prefer to eat veggies as they are and not grown in a lab.

Back
Top Bottom