Cheesequake legal?

MMuller

Some biz in Old Bridge area this eve so might as well bring bike. Done park before and know it's not much but since I'm in the area might as well hit it. Saw someone here say something like "Riding Cheesequake, don't tell." inferring it's not legal. Another option along the way for me might be Tatum but that too is teeny.

Never been to 6 mile. If I'm going to drive that way I always opt for the big fun at CR, conditions permitting. 6 mile along the same lines?

thanks for the info

MM

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
6mile is LOTS of fun i always start at the rt27 entrance by the soccer feilds in the back corner of the lot...i was thinking of going there today...cant ride at cheesequake they dont let you...but if you are that way go to hartshorne that place is fun aswell...take the grand tour black trail its real fun only part that isnt is the .5mile climb in the beginning...ive never been toi tatum hartshorne is down rt36 past it

NJ Jess

yes, legal

One side of cheesequake it is legal to ride. The trails are okay, but they don't to anything for TM. They had some boy scouts come in to make some trails, but they put them in the swampy section of the park with poor bridge building skills. CQ park is a Monmouth county park, therefore one must go to their volunteer class to do TM at that park. Hopefully, Brian Synder of JORBA can get them to follow IMBA criteria to redo some of the trails. I tend to park at the pkway exit 120 park and ride and jump into the park that way. One must not do this during the summer though, the ranger sits behind the dirt pile and gives you a $60 ticket for illegal entere into the park. Hartshorne and huber woods are much better.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I tend to park at the pkway exit 120 park and ride and jump into the park that way. One must not do this during the summer though, the ranger sits behind the dirt pile and gives you a $60 ticket for illegal entere into the park. Hartshorne and huber woods are much better.

Park in the office building lot across the street, or in the strip mall just up the street to be safe, these are my old stomping grounds, I grew up in Matawan, so I've spent a little too much time exploring Cheesequake:D

-Jim.

Liv2Ride

Legal but only in multiuse white trail which is only about a 3-3.5 mile long loop. There are other trails in the park but those are restricted to hiking no bikes.

F

FallGirl1430

Cheesquake was the first place I rode a mountain bike. It's quite small, but I think for its size it has alot. Roots galore, logs, short very steep climbs and is usually good right after a rain with its sandy soil base. On a sad note, I've had the death flu for 4 days now with only 5 days to go till my first race of the season :(

Christina ...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Cheesquake was the first place I rode a mountain bike. It's quite small, but I think for its size it has alot. Roots galore, logs, short very steep climbs and is usually good right after a rain with its sandy soil base. On a sad note, I've had the death flu for 4 days now with only 5 days to go till my first race of the season :(

Christina ...

death flu...thats no good hope you feel better real soon for the race...:puke: atleast was it just a cold flu or a gut flu...either way that sucks

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
One side of cheesequake it is legal to ride. The trails are okay, but they don't to anything for TM. They had some boy scouts come in to make some trails, but they put them in the swampy section of the park with poor bridge building skills. CQ park is a Monmouth county park, therefore one must go to their volunteer class to do TM at that park. Hopefully, Brian Synder of JORBA can get them to follow IMBA criteria to redo some of the trails. I tend to park at the pkway exit 120 park and ride and jump into the park that way. One must not do this during the summer though, the ranger sits behind the dirt pile and gives you a $60 ticket for illegal entere into the park. Hartshorne and huber woods are much better.
Cheesequake is a state park, and I am trying to get some work done but, the going is very slooooooooow.

Top Bottom