Cheesequake 2019

GreenMachine

Took a run through today .... not bad for a workout ... only a few miles but the uphills are a bit of a challenge - too many trees down for great flow ...

Damn shame this place hasn't been blown out - revamped and extended , lotta land back there.

So much potential - If anyone hits this gimme a shout ...

Have to watch hikers too everywhere today ....

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I've been there and I drive past it 5 or 6 days a week on my commute. I am aware there are other ways into the park by bike but for me the biggest deterrent is the fee to enter the park. That and the trails handle rain about as well as 6 Mile.

GreenMachine

I've been there and I drive past it 5 or 6 days a week on my commute. I am aware there are other ways into the park by bike but for me the biggest deterrent is the fee to enter the park. That and the trails handle rain about as well as 6 Mile.
Right now it's no fee .... I buy a season pass that allows parking in any state park but you can park up by the retirement community ....

Mahnken

It's probably been close to a decade since I've been there, but I used to park in a commuter lot right off the parkway. There was a trail that lead right into the park. No fee.

Reactions: Tim

walter

Fourth Party
I run there regularly. Its been bad for years, even worse since Sandy. It seems only the boyscouts do occasional work there. It's labeled as 3+ miles of trails but its less.

w_b

what @walter says. Not counting roads, there's like 2.16 miles of legally bikable trails...

and they are not at all well-maintained. The rest is Fight Club.

CQSP.JPG

Top Bottom