Changing For the Better

goldsbar

First time back in a number of years; I see I posted a thread looking for a loop in 2010. The trails are really changing for the better. For one thing, it appears that many more are actually marked. The Glenn Beach (sp?) blue now diverts the entire fire road climb/descent with great single track as opposed to just half of it. That new red Meridan (sp?) trail is Diablo-light. I didn't think you could build a trail that steep these days (one-way in my book, but didn't try to climb it). In general, the trails felt more ride-able; maybe it's the 29+.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
First time back in a number of years; I see I posted a thread looking for a loop in 2010. The trails are really changing for the better. For one thing, it appears that many more are actually marked. The Glenn Beach (sp?) blue now diverts the entire fire road climb/descent with great single track as opposed to just half of it. That new red Meridan (sp?) trail is Diablo-light. I didn't think you could build a trail that steep these days (one-way in my book, but didn't try to climb it). In general, the trails felt more ride-able; maybe it's the 29+.

There's lots of new-ish stuff if you haven't been there in years. Hit me up for a tour anytime, I kind of ride there a lot. We also do a weekly ride there Wednesdays at 5:30pm from the bat cave.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions