Chalk Markings

moray42

Merman
Anyone know of any organized events at allaire this weekend? Stopped in on the way home from the mtbnj ride, and very quickly started noticing powdered chalk or flour markings on the trail. Only been thru airplane so far, but have seen a few arrows, dots along the trail, dots on every log along the way, and dots mashed into the bark of what seems like every 3rd tree. Know it's not long term, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't someone actually marking out possible rogue work.
image.jpg

I smell someone smoking weed near the steelman and the roller coaster trail this morning. And then see a man looking for a beer. He said someone hide a beer somewhere and he need to find it. Weird....

Did see more scattered around on part of steelman Orange, and glass. There do seem to be quite a few marking possible running hazards. The spot that surprised me was the entire length of operation was marked. Seems like everything sagged more, making it not very running friendly.

I have noticed these and red spray paint on the trail towards the point. These are not official park markings. not really sure what is getting marked off but if anyone sees anybody marking trail let me know so I can pass it to the park.

It's usually flour, not chalk. And using flour is a sign that they get it, and are not defacing the park in any way.
Spray paint is another matter.
Guys smoking weed and looking for beer sounds like a fun party. Just not in a park.

I have seen the flour marking it is normally the HS track team laying out a running course. But the weed and beer sounds a a bit like HS as well. The red paint has been showing up for a while now just as splashes on some trail not sure of the who or why.

I was there this am and when I left at 10 the truck next to me had a sign up for some running group and they looked like they were getting ready for a group something... I hope they didnt spray that red pain like they did in Tiger last year.. I hate when I see that on the trees . Stupid arrows in the middle of know where. I remember when frank caught that guy a few years ago with the paint can... nough said..

That explains the flour I do not think they are connected as I noticed the red paint last Tuesday. The flour just popped up yesterday...

The Rumson Hash House Harriers sponsored a run at Allaire this past Saturday. See: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rumson-Hash-House-Harriers/209785305708514?sk=timeline
A while ago, I belonged to the Cairo Hash House Harriers (CH3) while working in Egypt. We used to meet for a jog every Friday at 1 PM somewhere in the desert - usually along a wadi outside Cairo. The HHHs are international.
Their language and terminology, while somewhat racy, are unique to the group, but it's all in good fun. You kinda have to be involved to get the meanings.

Last edited:
The Rumson Hash House Harriers sponsored a run at Allaire this past Saturday. See: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rumson-Hash-House-Harriers/209785305708514?sk=timeline
A while ago, I belonged to the Cairo Hash House Harriers (CH3) while working in Egypt. We used to meet for a jog every Friday at 1 PM somewhere in the desert - usually along a wadi outside of Cairo. The HHHs are international.
Their language and terminology, while somewhat racy, is unique to the group, but it's all in good fun. You kinda have to be involved to get the meanings.
well that explains it. keep hashing!;-)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions