Chain lube that doesn't stick to leaves

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I keep having leaves get picked up my chain and it's cost me a hanger. I am looking to switch lubes to stop this from happening. Also I'd take a recommendation to degrease my chain, I have chem dip but I'm assuming that's a no no

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
What are you currently using... I mean not using? Cuz you know... I know you don't lube your chain

rick81721

Lothar
I keep having leaves get picked up my chain and it's cost me a hanger. I am looking to switch lubes to stop this from happening. Also I'd take a recommendation to degrease my chain, I have chem dip but I'm assuming that's a no no

Are you riding through giant piles of leaves? I've never had that happen. Tall grass sometimes when bushwhacking. Ever try boeshield T-9? That's what I always use now.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't ride leafy trails. The leaves were put there for a reason.

Also, waxy lube or wax.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
From what I understand, wet lubes are sticky
But wet leaves are sticky too.

If something sounds odd... look down at your drive train. Simple as that.

skully

White lighting for me . (The waxed based one) I like that it stays fairly clean and I have never had anything stick to it . I know it probably doesn't last as long as some others out there ,but it just works for me . For cleaning it's either the wd40 bike degreaser or Pedros orange peals . Both have worked well for me

sundaydoug

White lighting for me . (The waxed based one)

This stuff is great, I've used it for years. Clean the chain, drip it on, wipe off excess, give it a few minutes to dry, and you're good to go for a few rides. It's a wax, so nothing really sticks to it.

qclabrat

I just ordered Boeshield having used White Lightning for the last 5ish years. WL was fine but wasn't good for more than 2 rides with last year's wet season. I've read T9 is slightly better for wet conditions

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Are you riding through giant piles of leaves? I've never had that happen. Tall grass sometimes when bushwhacking. Ever try boeshield T-9? That's what I always use now.

No they get lifted from a tire and get caught by the chain and pulled into the derailleur till it get to packed and kills the hanger(happened once) and it almost happened on my last ride.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I just ordered Boeshield having used White Lightning for the last 5ish years. WL was fine but wasn't good for more than 2 rides with last year's wet season. I've read T9 is slightly better for wet conditions
This stuff is great, I've used it for years. Clean the chain, drip it on, wipe off excess, give it a few minutes to dry, and you're good to go for a few rides. It's a wax, so nothing really sticks to it.
White lighting for me . (The waxed based one) I like that it stays fairly clean and I have never had anything stick to it . I know it probably doesn't last as long as some others out there ,but it just works for me . For cleaning it's either the wd40 bike degreaser or Pedros orange peals . Both have worked well for me

Gonna pick this up i don't mind having to reapply it so often since it helps me keep an eye on it

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I've never used the wet lubes but heard they were sticky
I have used White Ligntning dry or all conditions
Trying out Finish Line Dry Teflon thingamgjig now

qclabrat

Red Line? finish line? something line its wet and its sticky
we talked about you at last week's ride. The general consensus was that you end up off the trail lots and don't know/care when your bike picks up tagalongs. Quite a few time I've seen your back wheel with sticks and weeds. You need to be at one with your bike, show your bike some love bro...
1546530118877.png

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I still can’t get past this magical leaf vacuum effect his drive train has. What does it do, pick up handfuls at s time? Is the chain lubed with tar?

Xler8

The stuff on the outside does nothing.

That’s not 100% true. All metal on metal should have some type of lubrication to allow for a little less wear and smoother operation. An excessive amount would not be ideal, but a little sure does help.

Top Bottom