Ceres Trail Conditions

whtbread

was in ceres last week end and trails were great. only saw one guy on mtb.

419274_536533313053791_320795032_n.jpg

http://app.strava.com/activities/42173368

That picture looks like Spanish Steps. That's on the other side of the park from where most of the good trails are located. Did you cross over the stream? That could explain only seeing 1 mtb

MikeP

nobody rides the front of the park anymore, all the good stuff is across the stream. From looking at your Strava map, you parked in the front lot, all the good stuff is in the back (which you missed all of). Most of the regulars don't ride the front side to much. Let me knwo if you want a tour.

Last edited:

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Think ceres will be swell to ride tomorrow morning? or did the rain make it a no-no :cry:

MikeP

CCC was perfect yesterday, just about completely drained. Ceres should be ok by late afternoon. Can't wait to ride the new and improved Sugartaps.

MikeP

conditions are very hazardous right now. The county ripped out all the bridges and did significant damage to a few trails with their heavy equipment. Most if not all the TTFs have been removed or disabled. And our friendly saboteurs are back too, logs have been dragged onto trails and turnpikes have been dismantled. Ceres is hurting right now and needs some love. Be careful if you go for a ride.

MikeP

any word on when we can get back in there and work?

No word on when we can do anything. There's a ton of half removed TTFs back there, cut bridges, destroyed turnpikes, etc. Most of the skinnies and other TTFs have been removed or dismantled. This was not all done by the County, there's been a saboteur(s) back there jacking stuff up for awhile now. Kids or other trail users who knows. The leadership group is working with both the township and county to try and allow us to fix things. As of right now, we arent skliwed to touch anything. But don't hold your breath thinking any TTFs are coming back to Ceres anytime soon.

Scottkw34

Anyone been out here lately? South Jersey get a lot of rain last night? Thinking about heading down Saturday. Thanks.

MikeP

Anyone been out here lately? South Jersey get a lot of rain last night? Thinking about heading down Saturday. Thanks.

Rode there last night. Not sure if you've been following along with all the drama. Basically the county deemed the park "unimproved" status and removed all built structures except the large lower roller coaster bridge. Vandals have been ripping up turnpikes and trying to block trails. The trails are all rideable just as not as well manicured as they used to be when we allowed to do TM but still alot if fun.

Scottkw34

Rode there last night. Not sure if you've been following along with all the drama. Basically the county deemed the park "unimproved" status and removed all built structures except the large lower roller coaster bridge. Vandals have been ripping up turnpikes and trying to block trails. The trails are all rideable just as not as well manicured as they used to be when we allowed to do TM but still alot if fun.

appreciate the update. Yup been following the drama, It's a shame, this place is a lot of fun. Never made it there last week either, hopefully this weekend.

JDurk

Glad to hear that you got to ride the trails at Ceres. Rode there yesterday in the afternoon and as Mike stated, the trails are still rideable. When I arrived 2 other riders were returning to the lot and said they had just spent some time moving limbs and branches that were purposely placed across the trails. So be aware when riding there.

JD

Scottkw34

Thinking about heading down to Cere's tomorrow. Been awhile since i've been there, anyone been there lately? Tried finding info on facebook, not much recent their either. I would just check for myself, unfortunately it's a bit of a hike for me to get there. Thanks in advance.

JDurk

@Scottkw34 Just reading your message now. Things have kinda gone silent over on FB. Trails are in great shape. A few re-routes because there's still trees down from the storm back in June. Heading there now.

Scottkw34

@Scottkw34 Just reading your message now. Things have kinda gone silent over on FB. Trails are in great shape. A few re-routes because there's still trees down from the storm back in June. Heading there now.

Such a fun place, good to hear trails are still alive. Thanks for the update JDurk. I'll ask the same question again in about a year or so. ;) Heading down Saturday.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions