Ceres Trail Conditions

JDurk

Found it. Expected to see more riders out, but only saw one. Again felt like I was just getting lost, but would figure out I was on the same trail again, but heading the opposite direction. Tried to follow the raked trails mostly.

Rode across the creek under Rt. 55 to check out the other side. From my Garmin track I can tell I missed alot when comparing it to the last time I was there.

I will be working in the area tomorrow just a couple miles away. What are the conditions like? It it muddy? Should I bring my bike for after work or stay away?

MikeP

Muddy in the usual low lying areas so I'd avoid some of the lower trails by the creek. Higher trails were fine. Go ride.

aedubber

So is there actually a map for the trails at this place ? I can't seem to find one or I might just be blind .

MikeP

So is there actually a map for the trails at this place ? I can't seem to find one or I might just be blind .
no map, there might be some GPS routes. Best bet is just figure out when you want to come down, most days there are people riding. Go over to "Save Ceres Park" on Facebook to look for a tour.

MikeP

There's a TM Sunday followed by a group ride, good time to get a tour. Let me know if your interested.

McKMtnBk

Trails were almost perfect yesterday. Loose sand has been washed away and the tread was mostly tacky. The usual low lying areas were a bit muddy but not as bad as I thought they would be.

giff06

Has the new bridge been installed over the water crossing yet??? Not my favorite time of the year for wet feet.:rolleyes:
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

MikeP

Has the new bridge been installed over the water crossing yet??? Not my favorite time of the year for wet feet.:rolleyes:
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

no, the main bridge won't be installed until spring :(

but there's still plenty of trail without getting your feet wet

MikeP

Attachments

• bridge.png
    bridge.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 418

njmark

Professional Cyclist
How's the conditions for this weekend look for Ceres? Haven't been down since the Jorba ride.

MikeP

How's the conditions for this weekend look for Ceres? Haven't been down since the Jorba ride.

Should be fine. I wouldn't ride there today or tomorrow but should be dry enough for the weekend. CCC is the place to ride the next 2 days. TM is this Sunday. Post ride after.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions