Cathedral pines 2017

Ok. Looked back and found a video from last year's start. I might be wrong by a few 100 feet.
I didn’t do the first lap but did check the start out. In @Mitch ’s defense it did look like it was trimmed back a lot more than last year. On anotger note I was to close to @Mitch last year on the start and remember getting squeezed into the trees and almost dying.

Just a heads up to whoever lost a Garmin.....I crashed at the same rooty turn and found a Garmin, I threw it to the time keeper as I passed threw the traps

Just a heads up to whoever lost a Garmin.....I crashed at the same rooty turn and found a Garmin, I threw it to the time keeper as I passed threw the traps

Yeah, that was mine. Thanks! I got it back. I tried to glance around for it every lap after that but never saw it. I even stopped for a minute on my last lap to look for it. I didn't even realize it was gone for a few miles after the crash. I passed a guy at the end of the lap and he said, "Oh you're the guy who crashed back there. I saw your Garmin fly off."

That's funny... I thought I crashed so hard my Garmin flew off, I picked it up and stuck it in my jersey...then look down and see my Garmin still on my bars! I couldn't believe someone with the same Garmin as me crashed in the same spot!! glad it made its way back!

On anotger note I was to close to @Mitch last year on the start and remember getting squeezed into the trees and almost dying.
I still have the scar from that branch from that start.
I liked our new start spot better. More clusterfk on the climb. I actually waited back on the start and rode up with Kerri and Mrs. G . So I really didn't need to be up front at the go.
.I crashed at the same rooty turn and found a Garmin,
I couldn't believe someone with the same Garmin as me crashed in the same spot!! glad it made its way back!
I saw a guy down at that spot on the first lap and it almost got me. After that I stayed tight left at that turn.

That's funny... I thought I crashed so hard my Garmin flew off, I picked it up and stuck it in my jersey...then look down and see my Garmin still on my bars! I couldn't believe someone with the same Garmin as me crashed in the same spot!! glad it made its way back!

Thanks. Yeah, apparently a bunch of folks crashed there. I could see why - the one root was kind of buried in the pine needles but still slick. There were a few parts of the course that were a bit sketchy - I was surprised there weren't a few injuries out there.

Back
Top Bottom