car to transport bikes inside

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
"With 50 something cubic feet of cargo space I can carry 34 cases of beer. My octogenarian folks love the easy access, chair height seats and flat rear bench seat."

LOL ...almost makes me want to go out and buy the Scion.;)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
and if you plan on racing MTB's this is a must 4 doors its bigger than a car inside, 8ft bed, dually, 6.6 diesel. gets 25-30mpg on the highway at 80mph

25-30? not happening...half that on a good day. I have 3 friends with them....one managed 18.5 strictly highway at 65mph. However, it does has 5 times the torque and 3 times the weight of most cars, so thats still pretty solid considering.

MTBTyler

25-30? not happening...half that on a good day. I have 3 friends with them....one managed 18.5 strictly highway at 65mph. However, it does has 5 times the torque and 3 times the weight of most cars, so thats still pretty solid considering.

around town is like 12mpg.
20-25 all the time high way. These trucks with the allison hit 6th gear at like 75.. with a fresh tune up, No traffic no hills 75-80mph 75 degrees out. And hankook tires with 80 psi make a huge difference. it got 30mpg on one road trip. No BS

gtluke

The Moped
With my front tire off, my bike stands up in the back of my saturn vue, and it has a 70/30 rear split seat. So I generally put my bike standing up in the 30, all the clothes/food/water/bags in the trunk area, 2 people in the front, 1 in the back in the 70 section, and 2 bikes on the hitch mounted rack.

But Kirt just gave me a rack for the roof, so this year it will be 2-3 bikes on the roof, and 4-5 people inside.
It gets a solid 25mpg

Anyone want to buy it? Heh, it was given to me and I can't drive automatic.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
get 30 mpg
3953139378_91c77cf728.jpg

bro

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Why not save yourself a ton of dough and buy my wife's 2003 Mazda Protege5? But you'll have to deal with driving a yellow wagon around though.

aedubber

Just picked this baby up today :D , had my 26er and my buddies 29er in the back with ease .

gopr0196.jpg

Last edited:

jimf

Fit

Couple of pictures of the fit with a large bike loaded. I will post a some more when I load up the dh bike side by side with the xc.

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC_0001_2.jpg
    DSC_0001_2.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 367

Jerzeejoe

Minivan

Im rocking the MINIVAN as well Chrysler Town & Country ... I must admit I was'nt too thrilled to buy one but since the arrival of my twins I knew it was a Necessity, so Now I can fit 2 bike the trailer and all kinds of other stuff plus have seating for 4. On solo trips I can also fold all the seats down toss an air mattress in the back and enjoy... So I agree with Arwens Mom....

Minivan= Motovan..

I have an Audi A4 with the fold down seats. My bike fits in nicely on it's side, front wheel off. Limited to one bike though. I have the automatic with Quattro. I average around 26 mpg, have gotten up to 37 on longer trips.

It also doubles nicely as a snowboard/ski carrier in the winter!

RockySlayer

I lost my older pictures, but this passed weekend gave me the opportunity to take another...

3 bikes, 3 people... and riding gear of course...

Attachments

• MDX 3 Bikes Loaded.jpg
    MDX 3 Bikes Loaded.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 375
Top Bottom