car to transport bikes inside

Motortrend just held a econo 5 door hatch comparison. The Fit came in 4th. Subjective rankings aside, the article gives you an idea of what else is out there in this segment. They basically didn't like the Fit's ride quality, noise, and transmission but it had the most cargo space so might still be the one to get.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1204_economy_five_door_hatchback_comparison/

Car and Driver rated the Fit best in class in their last three ('06, '10 and '11) "B-segment" comparos. I read the MT article and their biggest knock was that it was not the best car for highway cruising; noisy at speed, not enough gears. As a "city car" owner, pretty sure the Fit was designed in Japan to be used as such. Car and Driver also put the Fit on the 10 best list consecutively for the last six years. I bought my Civic Si based on Car and Driver's 10 best rating, and was happy every day with that car. I drove the piss out of that car, every mile like the last lap, every stop light like it was a drag strip christmas tree, and still got 26-40 mpg. I think over 17 years I might have spent $1000 - $2000 on maintenance, not including tires and exhaust. I would buy a Fit in a heartbeat, especially if it had a 6spd mt or an Si badge.

If we could have anything...

For MTB'ing and other outdoor activies, this would be my dream vehicle:

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/vw-t4-multivan-syncro-2.5-tdi-seikel-umbau-11325.html

Van with tons of room
available in stick shift
available with AWD
available with TDi (diesel/biofuel)

I saw one with all these features on a business trip to Austria a couple years ago. I was trying to figure out how to sneak it in my luggage for the trip home.:D

Replaced my Tahoe with this in Oct, lot's of room for bikes and gear.......and GREAT gas mileage too!:rolleyes::cry::rofl:

suburbantint2.jpg

With the demise of the Honda Element, it's a shame the US doesn't have Skoda as the Skoda Yeti would be up on my list of cars to consider.

My dream mobile

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331076532902.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331076532902.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 277
i love my durango for hauling bikes, two standing up in the back fully assembled, this limits me to two passengers while doing this, but it works and still has plenty of room for gear.

0308091107%2520-%2520Copy.jpg

if you dont mind a used vehicle the 2nd gens have even more room than the first gens (my 2002 is a first gen)

Ford rangers!!!!!

One of my fav bike transporting vehicles! Pretty good at driving offroad lightly too!

Happy with my frontier crew cab. Hitch rack, bed mounts, and could probably fit a bike in the cab with the wheels off. Its a pickup though, so what's the point:D.

My new bike transporter. Two weeks old. :) I absolutely love it. Room for 5 + gear and if I'm riding after work, enough room for the bike in the back seat.

Attachments

• IMAG0120.jpg
    IMAG0120.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 340
I love my Ford Fusion. It holds one bike perfect. Just need to put back seats down. Pop lever from trunk. Very easy to do. One bike and equipment fits great. I love my Ford Fusion in general!!

See this is why you need to buy(find) a jeep pick up. Its the end to space problems and begining to every other problem you can possably have.... ever :popcorn:

Attachments

• Photo0063.jpg
    Photo0063.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
and if you plan on racing MTB's this is a must 4 doors its bigger than a car inside, 8ft bed, dually, 6.6 diesel. gets 25-30mpg on the highway at 80mph
100_6077.jpg

Back
Top Bottom