car to transport bikes inside

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you sell your Jeep and buy a fit I will kill you, I will never go biking with you again and I will laugh in your face. Even my minivan is cooler than a FIT

your missing the point we are addicted to buying bike parts and don't care what we drive to get to fav trail head or race. 4 tank fulls of gas in that soccermom rig of yours and the fit just bought a set of tires. Now you getting the point. Oh and welcome to MTBNJ ;)

jimf

your missing the point we are addicted to buying bike parts and don't care what we drive to get to fav trail head or race. 4 tank fulls of gas in that soccermom rig of yours and the fit just bought a set of tires. Now you getting the point. Oh and welcome to MTBNJ ;)

This.

While I do not hate my fit, I only truly like it a few times a month.

1. When my car payment arrives
2. When I get gas

RyanW

Pretty close to pulling the trigger on a new Fit Sport. What type of rack do you Fit owners use? I was pricing up Thule yesterday, never knew how expensive they are.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Pretty close to pulling the trigger on a new Fit Sport. What type of rack do you Fit owners use? I was pricing up Thule yesterday, never knew how expensive they are.

I have an 08 Fit and I use the same Thule roof rack that was on my last 2 cars
:)

I just had to buy another foot pack and I was good to go. The Thule was a great investment for me, i've had it since 99.

kingbobyjr

I have a 2009 Fit and can get my 29er in there, after taking off the front wheel, and my wife's 26er along with enough luggage for a weeks vacation for the two if us.

I have a 2x4 with two Thule 821 Low Riders fork mount blocks that I attach both bikes to, works like a charm!!!

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Thread resurrection!
How do you guys secure the bike when inside the car? Saw some secure by the front axle. Any other brilliant ideas?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Thread resurrection!
How do you guys secure the bike when inside the car? Saw some secure by the front axle. Any other brilliant ideas?

Weren't you shopping BMW's in the other thread? Reminds me of my customers who say they are can't decide between a Specialized Demo 8 and an Epic.

qclabrat

Yes... but I also have a Highlander.
you mean like this?
1517855188059.png

I don't get why it's necessary if only one bike, I'm I underthinking that its just this?
1517855294988.png

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
you mean like this?
View attachment 63240

I don't get why it's necessary if only one bike, I'm I underthinking that its just this?
View attachment 63241
Yes... something like that.
I just don't want the bike to move around too much. If I am just transporting it locally, I don't think I would care too much but when I am driving an hr or more, I am thinking it would be a good idea to have the bike secured so that it doesn't damage the bike or the car.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
if im only one bike i just toss it in the bed of the truck, it wont be hurt by bouncing a bit.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Yes... something like that.
I just don't want the bike to move around too much. If I am just transporting it locally, I don't think I would care too much but when I am driving an hr or more, I am thinking it would be a good idea to have the bike secured so that it doesn't damage the bike or the car.
You could strap it down with buggies.

I used to just chuck mine in the trunk, gears up. It's not going to get hurt. It's a mountain bike

Top Bottom