Car-spotting thread

iman29

Down the shore for a wedding this weekend (f course on a perfect day to ride). Lotta nice cars out and about today these are the ones I was able to catch so far.

Miata is hilarious. Full race belts setup inside but no roll cage.

1B02DBBC-06B2-4B02-BEF6-F33165284982.jpegF9904794-1249-431A-9C3E-B2F29106C61A.jpeg

02camaro

It's amazing, this engine doesn't burn any oil between changes. Has some kind of issue where it needs 2-6 cranks before it fires (fuel related, I think), but then runs flawlessly. Has a check engine light for cam position sensor, but I replaced that and still has it. Read online that the timing chain or timing gear bolts may be to blame, but haven't had the motivation to check. Inspection is coming up so probably need to fix it. Does anyone know if the NJ inspection fails for any check engine light, or only specific codes?
sometimes a crank relearn cant fix odd ball issues. problem is you need a GM tech2 or equivalent snap on scanner, both of which exceed the value of the truck itself. NJ inspection allows 1 readiness sensor to not be checked 01+ vehicles and 2 not checked for pre 01 vehicles so you can try to clear it and see if you can slip it through. that code would like get set automatically so auto-fail at the inspection. BUT if you really wanted to get crafty you can pull the cluster (easy) and take the bulb out of the check engine light and hope the inspector doesnt check the lights on the dash when they first start the truck, they are supposed to make sure they all light up.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Went to a church car show sat.

Shelby 500 kr. not sure if real

20190601_130209.jpg
Dodge swinger
20190601_125935.jpg
Really clean olds cutlass with a big olds engine stuffed under the hood

20190601_125354.jpg

Custom 50s, with glitter paint. the colir choice was interesting, the textured paint not so much.
20190601_125734.jpg
Lots of mustangs
Heres one
20190601_125016.jpg

Dingo

Clean Olds! Those were good selling vehicles back in the day.

I see a '67 in the background, those were awesome cruisers.

340 Dart, that is cool and rare. Hauls ass too! Just don't turn.

Mustangs are like belly buttons, everyone has one and they all look the same.... sorry Rick

Dingo

sometimes a crank relearn cant fix odd ball issues. problem is you need a GM tech2 or equivalent snap on scanner, both of which exceed the value of the truck itself. NJ inspection allows 1 readiness sensor to not be checked 01+ vehicles and 2 not checked for pre 01 vehicles so you can try to clear it and see if you can slip it through. that code would like get set automatically so auto-fail at the inspection. BUT if you really wanted to get crafty you can pull the cluster (easy) and take the bulb out of the check engine light and hope the inspector doesnt check the lights on the dash when they first start the truck, they are supposed to make sure they all light up.
The CEL has to light up to pass. As for test(s) running and passed, if the light is on, No sticker for you. If the code only sets randomly, and 4 tests have ran and passed, they will put a sticker on. Your taking chances, better off with an old sticker than a shiny new RED one, with 30 days to reinspect.

iman29

And for the beach weekend finale this drove past me as I was loading the suitcases into the car so only got off one quick pic. Wife ducked under the phone too she’s used to that response when I see a nice car. . LOL.

Mcclaren something??

CBBCAD97-C1DF-440E-B4AB-E97214277509.png

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Top Bottom