Car-spotting thread

rick81721

Lothar
buahaha Thanks but I assure you I'm okay and will sleep fine.
Was just kidding about leaving if that wasn't obv
But you are right it is getting annoying! ha
TO EACH THEIR OWN

i get ya @one piece crank but MAJORITY do not provide their own labor. Case by case.

You're bringing the tesla to the next CCDC etc, right? I still haven't had a ludicrous mode launch ride!

Kaleidopete

From day one you guys had it out for me. I'll say my piece and ask Norm to be removed.
I'm also just curious what the car weighs
I don't spend any extra on gas because I can pass the station on my commute.
We forgo spending like $3k/yr on gas between our two EVs. If a household has two long commutes in the household... up to $5k a year?
No gas, no oil changes, no diff, no trans, no coolant, no gaskets, no belts, 100k mi brake pads, list goes on, and FUN to drive.
Keep drinking that gas. I'll take the kool-aid.
Ya'll need to get a grip. Teslas are mid 30s to 100k+ and more than 50 percent are Model 3s now and increasing.
I'm going to test drive a Tesla on Thursday, my electric company is having an event.

don

I’m not sure who ACM is? Most guys were from Fort Lee, Teaneck and the surrounds. Me and one other guy from way down south in Morristown :p

Later today I saw this beauty at a Home Depot. :rolleyes: I guess if you don’t have a pickup bed for your coal rolling stacks you make do...
View attachment 93511

That could have an Mercedes OM617 conversion. The turbo is on that side. Believe me, there were many times I wished I routed the exhuast thru the hood of my LR 110 when I had the OM617 in it. Scratch building a down and crossover pipe with drive shafts on the same side is a pain in the ass!. But I don't know why Jeep guys don't just make a DP - the stock exhaust is on that side of the vehicle.

don

Random vehicles from Iceland. I saw lots of super-cool stuff when I was behind the wheel, but here are a few I was able to grab. Lots of old LR Defenders looking well-used. Cool Toyotas are everywhere. Suzuki is alive and well. The Super Jeep-ed vans where insane.

View attachment 94124View attachment 94128

Love the old Landies!

That top 130 looks like a 200tdi era vehicle. I wonder how that 4 cylinder does moving the big tires around.

The bottom appears to be a more modern Puma with the hood and bulkhead.

don

IMG_1664.jpg

I saw Manny posted a Gladiator a few pages ago but here is another shot of one in Hazlet. I wanted to check it out more and get some pictures of things like the FOX valved shocks but the rain was soaking me too much. Bed size is small but I am thinking this could replace my crew cab Duramax when and if the diesel version comes out.

Kaleidopete

I think my parents got the same thing and were going to check it out for fun. Orange & Rockland?
Yup...I'd like to drive the car AND bitch at O&R for their rates! Right now if I charge my car (Ford) overnight it costs me $1.96, because I live in NJ.
If I lived 2 miles away in NY it would only cost me $0.12 for the same charge up.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
buahaha Thanks but I assure you I'm okay and will sleep fine.
Was just kidding about leaving if that wasn't obv
But you are right it is getting annoying! ha
TO EACH THEIR OWN

i get ya @one piece crank but MAJORITY do not provide their own labor. Case by case.

You guys need to lighten up a little, since when did everyone get so sensitive about what strangers say on the internet? Lets not turn this into an everyone gets a pat on the back and trophy fest. This is how car enthusiasts speak to one another. Brand-loyal guys trash other cars (Ford vs. Chevy, Audi vs. BMW, etc.). Fact is Teslas are very polarizing, if this is as bad as you get it, its really not that bad. I want a 718, and deal with all the pseudo-Porsche guys saying they sound like shit and its not a real Porsche. I don't give a fuck, neither should you, enjoy what you drive.

Captain Brainstorm

You guys need to lighten up a little, since when did everyone get so sensitive about what strangers say on the internet? Lets not turn this into an everyone gets a pat on the back and trophy fest. This is how car enthusiasts speak to one another. Brand-loyal guys trash other cars (Ford vs. Chevy, Audi vs. BMW, etc.). Fact is Teslas are very polarizing, if this is as bad as you get it, its really not that bad. I want a 718, and deal with all the pseudo-Porsche guys saying they sound like shit and its not a real Porsche. I don't give a fuck, neither should you, enjoy what you drive.

The 718 sounds like shit. Just kidding, I thought it sounded good, but have moved on to trying to find a used 991.1. Not a fan of any electric car, I need to feel and hear a motor. I also like filling up in 5min and being on my way, but to each his own.

THATmanMANNY

Maybe i could sweat off 5pounds, maybe.
It doesnt help to contribute to stereotypes. Whatever the topic/subject is. I’m all for, you do you.

@don bridgewater even had a purple one!

Top Bottom