Car-spotting thread

THATmanMANNY

That snapshot was of the Tesla owned fleet aka loaners. But regardless YES loaner or not they gather data about your car 24/7 through the car. Just like how FANG and like umm every company gathers data about you. Not sure if tesla sells your data or not but it is collected for a better tesla experience: planning infrastucture, programming, hardware, autopilot, errors, etc. You call support and say I had this issue/experience and they say okay let me pull up your log and find the exact time it occurred and they try to fix it remotely (you can reboot or they push you a new firmware in a day or two) or they send it in for further diagnostic. Pretty spooky times.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
That snapshot was of the Tesla owned fleet aka loaners. But regardless YES loaner or not they gather data about your car 24/7 through the car. Just like how FANG and like umm every company gathers data about you. Not sure if tesla sells your data or not but it is collected for a better tesla experience: planning infrastucture, programming, hardware, autopilot, errors, etc. You call support and say I had this issue/experience and they say okay let me pull up your log and find the exact time it occurred and they try to fix it remotely (you can reboot or they push you a new firmware in a day or two) or they send it in for further diagnostic. Pretty spooky times.

So, if you'r involved in any type of litigation, criminal investigation, etc. can your Tesla data be subpoena'd like they can do with EZPass?

THATmanMANNY

Good question. I was thinking if the circumstances are serious enough they will cooperate. But here is the official answer and more at legal page that too much for me to know or care for (dont plan to do anything unlawful YET). Similarly, I know there was amazon echo/dot case that may have witnessed murders and the judge ordered amzn for the recording. Not sure what came of it.
https://www.tesla.com/about/legal
So it looks like you can opt out of data but thats like being limp.

With other third parties when required by law

Tesla may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our products and services, Tesla, third parties, visitors, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretioN”

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So the winner CAN have their cake and eat it too?!

You guys are rolling deep. What is the association or reason for that raffle? Are they invested in some EV tech either it be in a Tesla or other brand or infrastructure?
It's a raffle for the group of people who had a successful recommendation for a new hire.. Which in itself got you a bonus... This was an added bonus for the 50 ish people who got new people in this past year

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So, if you'r involved in any type of litigation, criminal investigation, etc. can your Tesla data be subpoena'd like they can do with EZPass?

there are so many big-data mash-ups - consider the cell system (which has a good idea of location), any mapping software used where the routing engine isn't in the car, plate scanning, etc..
i read an article that a dsp/sound sensor can identify individual cars

rick81721

Lothar
there are so many big-data mash-ups - consider the cell system (which has a good idea of location), any mapping software used where the routing engine isn't in the car, plate scanning, etc..
i read an article that a dsp/sound sensor can identify individual cars

Wifey and I are reading this series - avoiding all the ways a nefarious government can track you is a central plot theme. He's dragging the story out but still pretty good

https://www.deankoontz.com/book-series/jane-hawk

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just about every car made in the past 10 years also has a black box that can be used against you in court....so theres that too.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok the breadvan car...im not sure....Looks a little like a lotus europa, but its def. not that.....looks like some kit breadvan car, but i have no idea

The other THING that looks like a chassis with the front of something welded on backwards?????? Some custom abomination

Next pic down....start from the left...Looks like a 37 dodge...not sure whats next to it

Next pic...the blue/rusty car is given away by that eyebrow windshield....like 54 Kaiser Manhatten..i see a chrysler 300 back there as well

rick81721

Lothar
ok the breadvan car...im not sure....Looks a little like a lotus europa, but its def. not that.....looks like some kit breadvan car, but i have no idea

The other THING that looks like a chassis with the front of something welded on backwards?????? Some custom abomination

Next pic down....start from the left...Looks like a 37 dodge...not sure whats next to it

Next pic...the blue/rusty car is given away by that eyebrow windshield....like 54 Kaiser Manhatten..i see a chrysler 300 back there as well

Haha that custom abomination has a motor behind the seats, it's completely ridiculous.

Thanks the one I really had no clue was the blue/rusty one. Something like this I guess

20865_2981.jpg

Top Bottom