Car-spotting thread

THATmanMANNY

Back on topic, P85 in for some last chance warranty work before sale. Loaner P85DL+
LUDICROUS, LIKE ALWAYS ? ⚡️
I’m hopeful I’ll make it to Wildcat Sunday, ride alongs available
D5134EFF-BD31-436B-BCDC-A09D43ECF025.jpeg

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@fidodie i’m in line too
The thought of private flying somewhere makes this world so much smaller. Flying to Kingdom,

Serious ?, do you stash emergency parachutes on those planes?

how come the Manville airport or Princeton airport does not work for you?

think cabin sized like an old corvette. there wouldn't be enough room to get the thing on. The plane glides very well - much more than a mile for each 1000' of altitude.
best trips are places like block island (a little over an hour depending on route) - Myrtle beach (3ish hours) - flights are limited by my bladder, not available fuel ! :D

i live about 2 miles south of the branchburg police station. Solberg is very convenient.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I dont know, im more interested in the Ram 250 than anything Lexus is making.

I like the supra....So toyota is bringing it back with a chassis and I-6 engine made by BMW....which I find interesting given that the last supras popularity revolved around the 2jz engine
The old mark IV supra turbo cost 40k in the late 90s (~60k in todays money), had 320hp and weighed 3400lbs
this one is supposed to cost ~40k to start anyway, make 395hp and weigh 3250 lbs

PROGRESS

rick81721

Lothar
N=2 more data points for my corvette owners theorem and still 100% true. Not even a throttle blip. If GM was smart they'd make a SR model - looks just like a Z06 but with a 200 hp 4 banger. All they need to putter around at the speed limit, plus these cheap asses would get 35 mpg.

@walter please get one and drive it like you stole it

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
N=2 more data points for my corvette owners theorem and still 100% true. Not even a throttle blip. If GM was smart they'd make a SR model - looks just like a Z06 but with a 200 hp 4 banger. All they need to putter around at the speed limit, plus these cheap asses would get 35 mpg.

@walter please get one and drive it like you stole it
Saw a C5 Z06 on the way home tonight. Not a bad looking car with those wheels.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Do they even offer a choice? The ultimate 911 GT2 RS only comes with a DCT.

No choice, that car is all about speed and lap times. If you want to be entertained though, do some quick internet searches and look at the number of these that have been crashed, burned, and totaled. Apparently the rich fools that bought these didn’t realize that just because the car costs $200k, doesn’t mean it can defy the laws of physics.

All exotics/semi-exotics now come with a dual-clutch, because they’re faster and smoother than any other automatic or manual. I’ve been driving a manual my entire life, and operating a modern PDK or SMG on a good road isn’t any less involving, it’s just different. It’s still a sequential gearbox, like on a bike. If you want the total, raw, “pure” driving experience (what all the Porsche guys drone on and on about), buy a street bike.

rick81721

Lothar
First car show of the year, right here in Venice. Some different cars:

20190112_101001.jpg

20190112_101458.jpg

20190112_101113.jpg

This thing was loud as hell. Runs 9.9 in the 1/4:

20190112_100929.jpg

Our neighhor growing up had 9ne of these cobra jets

20190112_100510.jpg

Now this is a pistol grip

20190112_100737.jpg

I won an "award of excellence" - whoop-de-doo:

20190112_130424.jpg

Test for @UtahJoe - can you spot what's wrong?

20190112_115357.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Just watched Ford's press conference in Detroit via livestream. GT500 looks amazing and will be scary fast. And the Explorer ST by Ford Performance with a 400 hp ecoboost was interesting. Wifey wants a new suv in the next 1-2 years, maybe I could sneak the ST version past her. They are even having an suv driving class in Utah with purchase of this one.

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just watched Ford's press conference in Detroit via livestream. GT500 looks amazing and will be scary fast. And the Explorer ST by Ford Performance with a 400 hp ecoboost was interesting. Wifey wants a new suv in the next 1-2 years, maybe I could sneak the ST aspect past her. They are even having an suv driving claaa in Utah with purchase of this one.

get the wifey an upgrade on what she has, go full SRT!

Top Bottom