LED headlights
Plaid seats
No sunroof
Black spoiler, mirror caps
Black 18 inch wheels
Black, White, Cornsilk Blue, or Urano Grey

Wanna order on the same day?
Holy cow.

I've been talking a lot about keeping my 2014 GTI Wolfsburg longer than 5 years, since I've been enjoying it so much.

But this sounds like all the good stuff and none of the extra baloney.

I'd take a black 3-pedal, please.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
saw the international rat rod with the flag hanging off the tow hook and the orange truck next to it driving down rt 70 last month, ill see if i can dig up some pictures.

really cool cars

Edit: found them!

Attachments

• 20180815_154333.jpg
    20180815_154333.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180815_154329.jpg
    20180815_154329.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180815_154328.jpg
    20180815_154328.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

mfennell

Some cars I saw ar alaire a few weeks ago.
@TJYeti
A bunch of cobra kites cars, one cobra the owner stated it was real. This is the one in the picture.
I've seen guys claim their continuation cobras (bought from Shelby America) were "real but not original" but that one is neither. Some obnoxious types like to say it's "real" in the sense that it's a real actual car.

I'm not an expert but it looks a lot like a Superperformance MKII Slab Side that's been hacked with a hood scoop and side pipes. An original 289 Cobra would not have either.

This is my Factory Five kit that I built, um, 14 years ago. I drive it about 500 miles/yr. :)

cobra-morning.JPG

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
There is so much craziness when it comes to these cars. Personally, I'd like to have a factory five kit like yours. At least I'd be able to drive it. Some of the "cobras" at the show had big blocks. They must be quite a handful to drive.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Couple of cobras for you guys... First is my friends Backdraft and the other is the real deal million dollar + original. It lives in the house through the double doors in the pic. Pics are from his house where he throws a meet each year called "snakes on the mountain" for vipers and cobras.

Attachments

• 13902803_1421477074545331_5426567482651051920_n.jpg
    13902803_1421477074545331_5426567482651051920_n.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Snakesmountain'14-4.jpg
    Snakesmountain'14-4.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Snakesmountain'14-1.jpg
    Snakesmountain'14-1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 32

Kaleidopete

Guy in a focus rs wanted to play going south on 287 this afternoon. I dropped chase when he cracked 100
I seem to remember my 2017 Fusion wouldn't go over 100,
It had lots of pep from 80 to 100 and felt like it would go way faster, but it felt governed at 100.
I guess some models have different specs.

rick81721

Lothar
I wasn't meaning to compare anything to my fusion, I was just wondering if some models are governed and some not.
I'm sure your mustang isn't governed, but maybe basic cars like mine are.

I think some Porsches govern top speed (not sure) but most US cars today are limited by power and aerodynamics. My GT350 will top 170

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why not a just a used R?

A very good question. Awesome cars, but the AWD adds complexity, weight, and maintenance costs. I kind of prefer the way the GTI handles. The R is almost too polished. The 2018s have the 6Y/72M B2B warranty which is what I'd want, but also comes with hideous (IMHO) 19-inch wheels which I'd bend in the first winter (I'd have to get dedicated winters for sure) and little to no depreciation. Seems like the few used 2018s are still in the high 30s. Oh I also very much prefer the analog gauges in the GTI versus the R digital gauges. I guess I'm old school in that way. I really have my heart set on the plaid seats, too. But I am keeping an eye out for a gently used R. I think it mostly depends on where they price the 2019 Rabbit Editions and how much they discount them. A new 2019 GTI S will be under $25,000 after discounts, so that's a far cry to $35,000 for a used 2018 R for a daily driver.

I seem to remember my 2017 Fusion wouldn't go over 100,
It had lots of pep from 80 to 100 and felt like it would go way faster, but it felt governed at 100.
I guess some models have different specs.

Alot of cars are speed restricted to the speed rating on the OEM tires.

I think some Porsches govern top speed (not sure) but most US cars today are limited by power and aerodynamics. My GT350 will top 170

Porsche/Audi/MB/BMW all agreed years ago to limit regular production cars to 155mph. Limited production and M/RS/AMG cars are not included in the agreement.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker

So Rick, I'm trying to keep an open mind as to what my next car will be (gravitating towards a certified Cayman S or 911, maybe C63 AMG), but love that motor in the GT-350. So the Car and Driver guys (link below) have been beating on a GT-350 for the last 30k miles, and have noticed excessive oil consumption. Are you observing the same thing, or have these guys just been beating the shit out of the car, driving it like its stolen since day one, with no break-in?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-reliability-update-3

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
A very good question. Awesome cars, but the AWD adds complexity, weight, and maintenance costs. I kind of prefer the way the GTI handles. The R is almost too polished. The 2018s have the 6Y/72M B2B warranty which is what I'd want, but also comes with hideous (IMHO) 19-inch wheels which I'd bend in the first winter (I'd have to get dedicated winters for sure) and little to no depreciation. Seems like the few used 2018s are still in the high 30s. Oh I also very much prefer the analog gauges in the GTI versus the R digital gauges. I guess I'm old school in that way. I really have my heart set on the plaid seats, too. But I am keeping an eye out for a gently used R. I think it mostly depends on where they price the 2019 Rabbit Editions and how much they discount them. A new 2019 GTI S will be under $25,000 after discounts, so that's a far cry to $35,000 for a used 2018 R for a daily driver.

Alot of cars are speed restricted to the speed rating on the OEM tires.

Porsche/Audi/MB/BMW all agreed years ago to limit regular production cars to 155mph. Limited production and M/RS/AMG cars are not included in the agreement.

I have an older GTI, have driven a new R, and spending an extra $15k for the R is just not worth it. Marginally faster than the GTI, and handling is a wash. The best AWD car built on that platform is by far the RS3. That car is just bonkers fast, the motor sounds amazing, and it corners and goes. Some will say that its not "special enough" for an RS car, but I'll disagree on that point. That car will shame most things on the road. Quite honestly, the only reason I didn't pull the trigger was price. Pushing high 60's out the door with tax was too hard to swallow, that's almost certified Porsche money. My wife, the voice of reason said "if you're going to spend Porsche money, just spend a little more and get a Porsche". God bless that woman. Reasonably priced certified ones should be available in a year though.

Top Bottom