Car-spotting thread

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Doesn't matter if you're leasing now. Bolt is ugly.
Its all about function over form, they are all ugly. The Tesla is ugly, it looks like a mashup between a Kia and a Hyundai, which ok for a $25k car, but not an $80k car. And relatively speaking, the Volt isn’t as ugly as that atrocity known as the Prius.
I can see myself backing out at the last minute. But they are like 35k -8 from the government plus I get employee pricing.

My fleet will be liquidated this summer.
Big van and keeping the STI, need a beater.
If it's not electric it'll be a piece of crap like I normally drive. Would be nice to not drive junk for once.
But we'll see, I may bail on this idea and get a used Hyundai or Fit.

The only newer cars we get are SUV types to haul the kids around on trips, and they're usually used/certified, and we drive our cars into the ground. I haven't gotten a new daily driver for myself in 14yrs. Couple of recent accidents and emergency medical issues have caused me to reconsider my position and say fuck it, life is too short. I'm either getting a Cayman or C63 AMG (certified of course).

qclabrat

Since this thread is becoming less bout car spotting, does anyone know about the VW subframe clunking issue? Something about inferior bolts but how to really diagnosis

rick81721

Lothar
Its all about function over form, they are all ugly. The Tesla is ugly, it looks like a mashup between a Kia and a Hyundai, which ok for a $25k car, but not an $80k car.

If Tesla made a 2 door version of the S it wouldn't look bad. I like the Roadster but 200K? Don't think so

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Someone ID this car for me please
View attachment 62832
'69 Camaro?
1969-chevrolet-camaro-z28-rear-end.jpg

THATmanMANNY

I encourage everyone to test drive a Tesla. The base Model 3 that will roll out next after they complete these $50k models is going to be a damn fine car after incentives or not. I feel like a majority of reservers are actually holding out because they understand that.

Would be nice to not drive junk for once.
...say fuck it, life is too short.
The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

@rick81721
Would rock a Roadster 2.5
tesla-roadster-1.jpg

Last edited:

qclabrat

@qclabrat...I haven't heard about clunking subframe bolts. What models?
I know it's the golf/Jetta types and at least mark 5 and up. My wife noticed it right away, I did not. Guess her driving a BMW vs my pilot makes her a more discriminating driver. Actually years ago she swore her Integra wasn't shifting right between one of the auto gears. I couldn't really feel it, but after repeated complaints to the dealer they admitted something wasn't right and ended up changing the transmission before the factory warranty expired. Since then I don't doubt her observations.

Google the topic, it's pretty much everywhere with a relatively simple fix.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4467071#/topics/4467071

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showt...FjAPegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw10rKnp1ouek1Z8Edzp_vsd

https://www.ecstuning.com/News/MKV_Subframe_Spacer/

images.jpeg

gtluke

The Moped
That's to activate the 4 wheel steering. It's a parallel system so it's great on the highway.
j/k I deleted the 4ws system years ago.
That's to reset the two trip counters.
There's another button out of view to change the dash color.
i-FhmBg4T-XL.jpg

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I encourage everyone to test drive a Tesla. The base Model 3 that will roll out next after they complete these $50k models is going to be a damn fine car after incentives or not. I feel like a majority of reservers are actually holding out because they understand that.

The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

@rick81721
Would rock a Roadster 2.5
tesla-roadster-1.jpg

My cousin has drunk the Coolaid long and hard from the fountain of Musk, and is always trying to convert us. He lent me his model S to run some errands on a Saturday. The interior is nice, but cold. Subjective I know, but not to my liking, not special like I would expect from an $80k car. I think Audi and Volvo do a much nicer job with their newer TFT screens. The acceleration was impressive, but thats the cars big trick, its selling point I guess. Other than that, it turned, handled, and understeered like any other big, heavy car. I drove it like I drive my own car, no coddling to save battery life, and by mid-afternoon it was running low on juice. We took it to the local supercharging station (which is near a bar thank god), had some drinks and watched hockey while it charged. My car is a an older V8 with deplorable gas milage, and driving it the same way I can make it through the day without needing to gas up. I guess this would be a cool car to take back and forth to work, but then again an $80k commuting car that I can't take on road trips?

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
So you are telling me you drove 150+miles for Saturday errands. THAT is more impressive than the acceleration. :cool:

Sorry, let me contribute a car spot.
View attachment 62884

I believe it was 92 miles, with a diversion to Clinton Road to test handling, a ludicrous mode launch, driving 75-80mph on the highways (just keeping up with traffic). I did the same thing back in November in a friends Cayman GTS and barely burned through half a tank, and the Clinton Road run was much more satisfying.

Top Bottom