Car-spotting thread

mfennell

Catching way up...

icebiker said:
This is what annoys me about the latest crop of MT cars. For most of us, the whole point of driving a manual is the art of rev matching, heel and toe, etc. Having the car do it for you just takes some the fun out of it. Thankfully my F83 has one of three modes in which rev matching is off. I will admit though in the other modes the car rev matches seamlessly, far better than someone with 40 years of MT experience
I took it for a spin last night and tried heel-toe downshifts. I can't tell if it ignores my throttle applications OR they supercede the auto function, but I could still feel like I was doing something. My wife does not heel-toe so it's perfect for her.

Congrats, mini looks great! However if M4 too big why not M235i convertible?
The M235i/240i was certainly on my list but the pickings that met the criteria were really slim. Like ship-it-from-Florida slim. And, in reality, she's wanted a MINI 'vert since the BMW MINIs appeared more than a decade ago. Factor in 3 years of not-my-problem and an extra year of not-really-my-problem (3yr maintenance, 4yr warranty) plus a car right there in front of us and I started to come around.

qclabrat

Couldn't get a pic as I was on bike coming home from 6mr but saw a black benz, S600 on the left of the trunk and I thought it said "Bauer" on the right side. Never heard of that variant and google finds nothing so maybe it was something else, but def not Maybach. Had quad exhaust but not very loud.
Pretty sure you mean Brabus
They are pretty popular in China
https://www.brabus.com/en

mfennell

Are e-convos actually a thing?
I think Manny was asking why I didn't participate in the conversations about EVs (which were actually in this thread, I guess).

As long as I'm typing, I love EVs. They are friggin' great for a bunch of little reasons that have nothing to do with saving the whale forests or whatever. They're silent and completely smooth. You always wake to a "full tank". Most of them let you start the heater remotely, even in the garage. Around town, even slow ones like my e-golf have super quick response because there's no waiting for a downshift. It's like you're in 2nd gear all the time. I accelerate faster in the "slow" golf than my other cars because it's so drama-free. The only maintenance I've done in 3.5 years is rotate the tires a few times. Brakes last forever. I think that underhood parts are also going to last forever because nothing gets hot.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My Turo rental for the day. 2018 Cayman. It handled awesome and the shifter and clutch were really nice, but it was tight inside for me and the turbo lag is really noticeable. For my money the M2 is a better choice. It was a nice way to tour Lancaster County though.

20190504_111630.jpg

This thing was really nice but also $119,000 used. I'd love to drive one some day. 2018 911 GTS with PDK and PCCB.

20190504_101053.jpg

20190504_101431.jpg

I saw this in Lititz. This was for @jimvreeland.

20190504_125120.jpg

Top Bottom