Car-spotting thread

rick81721

Lothar
So you beat a pickup truck.... and spun some rubber.

are we suppose to be impressed

How about this one from last November. A menage a trois with a hemi Charger and BMW of some sort. At first I thought it was an MX4/5 but looking at the video there's a GT. No idea what that thing was but it was quick off the line. @Carson ??

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

yea that sounds about right, ill be putting a set of extreme performance tires ont he challenger next go round, i think im lookint 400-450/tire for those suckers (and your tires are wider than mine iirc :O)

rick81721

Lothar
yea that sounds about right, ill be putting a set of extreme performance tires ont he challenger next go round, i think im lookint 400-450/tire for those suckers (and your tires are wider than mine iirc :O)

?I wonder what the "normal" life is of these tires? Not much tread to begin with!

serviceguy

How about this one from last November. A menage a trois with a hemi Charger and BMW of some sort. At first I thought it was an MX4/5 but looking at the video there's a GT. No idea what that thing was but it was quick off the line. @Carson ??

So, road racing is still a thing in Florida ? never done it myself (being on a work visa it didn't feel like the sensible thing to do), but had plenty of friends smoking rustangs all day in their sleeper 4 cylinders Mitsubishi!

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
?I wonder what the "normal" life is of these tires? Not much tread to begin with!

well according to tire rack from the link you gave me
Treadlife Warranty: 6 Years / 30,000 Miles Half mileage for rear if different size than front

iirc they are classed the same as the tire i have on my challenger right now (mine are probably a bit stickier as they only have a 20k mile treadwear warranty). i remember looking at them when i was purchasing and had been told that michelin was having premature dry rot problems with their tires. Hope that they have it sorted out by now and your tires are fine.

the extremes that i plan to put on next do not have a treadwear warranty because they are basically street legal track tires (one step below DOT slicks)

rick81721

Lothar
well according to tire rack from the link you gave me

iirc they are classed the same as the tire i have on my challenger right now (mine are probably a bit stickier as they only have a 20k mile treadwear warranty). i remember looking at them when i was purchasing and had been told that michelin was having premature dry rot problems with their tires. Hope that they have it sorted out by now and your tires are fine.

the extremes that i plan to put on next do not have a treadwear warranty because they are basically street legal track tires (one step below DOT slicks)
So they say 15K on the rears. I'll be at 10k by end of jan

BPaze

It's a BMW 5 series GT it is kinda like a 5 series hatchback.

rick81721

Lothar
Had some fun with this guy on the way to the Ford dealer for the second oil consumption test reading. Unfortunately the tech left early so have to go back tomorrow. Did I mention most Dodge guys are fun? Old fuddy-duddy @shrpshtr325 excepted of course. This one sounded great - def non-stock exhaust

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had some fun with this guy on the way to the Ford dealer for the second oil consumption test reading. Unfortunately the tech left early so have to go back tomorrow. Did I mention most Dodge guys are fun? Old fuddy-duddy @shrpshtr325 excepted of course. This one sounded great - def non-stock exhaust

psh i played your games when we did the cars and coffee dont drag me down to your level of old/boringness!

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
not that you can have nearly as much fun on public streets anyway . . . . need to be on a track of some sort for the real fun ;)

Top Bottom