Car-spotting thread

rick81721

Lothar
Saw the local 69 Mach I at an intersection in Hillsboro during my ride. Heard him coming first, love the sound of that car. I've posted pics of it before.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
so in stock form its almost as fast as Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, which is impressive...i mean for 65k. But goddam, that car is just brutal to look at...inside and out. Maybe Randy's kid can take some crayons and draw a better face on the front of it.

The reality though is who is going to track their Model 3? Lets face it, compared to a GT4 or even a 718S, its about 900lbs heavier, so how may laps until your out of batteries, overheated the motors and brakes, and toasted the rubber? You can hot-lap the Porsche's all day long, top the tanks off at the end of the day, and drive them home. The Model 3 will be leaving on a trailer towed by a coal-rolling F350.

THATmanMANNY

Again we dive into track battle debate, sigh.

@Carson
please share listing for us to see before it is indefinitely removed after your use. Still would love an EVO X but e46 m3 convertible was still a lot cheaper.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Again we dive into track battle debate, sigh.

@Carson
please share listing for us to see before it is indefinitely removed after your use. Still would love an EVO X but e46 m3 convertible was still a lot cheaper.

Well, you post a link to an article that talks up track times vs. some established competition on a car thread, what the fk you expect to happen?

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
for knowledge and appreciation of EV engineering and Randy Pobst involvment. oh well

I like Randy, he's a good hot-shoe for the magazines, helps with objectifying the reviews.

As for EV engineering, its all about the batteries and software, the motor technology is nothing new. Overall though, EV's to me are expensive toys. Why would I pay $50-100k for something that's only good to get me back and forth from work, that I can't drive out of a 100 mile radius from home, and like a Porsche Panamera, only look good from 1 or 2 angles? I can't take it skiing, I can't take it camping, I can't take it fishing, I can't take it on any type of extended road trip. Sure there are cheaper EV's for commuting, but they're slow look like dog shit, and life is to short to drive boring dog shit.

Top Bottom