Car-spotting thread

When you clean the wheels up 100%, make sure you coat them with a good wheel sealant. It won't help the dust accumulation but makes cleaning much quicker. The M2 has soft pads too and the dust is horrible.

Gave it a shot. Pain in the ass taking off each wheel, cleaning, treating, reinstalling. Used McKee's 37 - really pricey so I hope it works

20180901_191534.jpg

Last edited:
@Delish and I will take a 6 speed Golf R and plenty of change for hookers and blow instead of the RS5.

Drove a Golf R with a 6-speed and one with a DSG. Liked both, I drove the DSG in manual mode the entire time, thought it was pretty fun. I also drove an RS5, and even with the automatic it was bonkers. Not as bonkers as the C63 S, but that RS5 motor is making more than 444hp. With the C63 S you’ll be getting new rear tires every 6k miles, it spins them around every turn, even when turning at a fucking light at light throttle. I wouldn’t kick the RS5 out of bed for eating crackers, and I’m pretty sure it will put most things on the road in its rear view mirror.

Saw a Porsche 550 drive by in Frenchtown yesterday, couldn't get a pic so not sure what year but looked very similar to this

porsche-spyder4.jpg

Took bob to Lead East Saturday night. Always a some cool stuff there

Love the old Hemis

asy0vIG.png

bob loved the teeth
A7UI3NC.png

perfectly restored ~59 chevy panel truck
ChvitiT.png

pretty sure a replica of Sox and Martins 68 Roadrunner
J0MoEV8.png

one of my favorites....My dad and I used to watch this movie all the time
5J8atlu.jpg

quick thread hijack
I'm looking at an out of state car which has tinted windows. What's the word on the NJ laws regarding side tints?

I am pretty sure tint is illegal in NJ for the front windows

pretty sure it is too, but the only thing you can fail inspection for anymore is emissions, so your rolling the dice, but unless your a dick to the cop i would think hed ignore it

@Carson does that sound about right to you?

pretty sure it is too, but the only thing you can fail inspection for anymore is emissions, so your rolling the dice, but unless your a dick to the cop i would think hed ignore it

@Carson does that sound about right to you?
I am pretty sure tint is illegal in NJ for the front windows

Yeah, I used to go to private inspection stations, but that was a generation ago. Wasn't sure if still a law.
What's it take to remove tint?

Back
Top Bottom