Car-spotting thread

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
23,000 miles on it. Original tires, so I guess I'm the only renter running it at 9/10ths??

Belt is tact. Cleared body control module in case it stored overrev. Cooled down, tried a few run cycles. No luck. Either the system blewoff excess freon from running too hot or the compressor is shot.

Returned car tonight. He was very apologetic about it. He credited me back the second day and ate 80 extra miles (we did 280 total) so that's that.

So for $100 each (my buddy and I split it), we flogged a GT350 for a day and a half and 280 miles. Can't beat that.

Tomorrow my cousin and I are heading to the dragstrip with his Syclone that runs 11s.
I need to check the VIN on that Sy, I had two stolen from me years ago. Never recovered either one! :shrug:

kdebello

I need to check the VIN on that Sy, I had two stolen from me years ago. Never recovered either one! :shrug:

I miss my Syclone. Bought it as a leftover, put 30k hard miles on it and sold it 4 years later for almost as much as I paid.

Fuel pressure regulator, chip, exhaust, 12.5 @ 104mph. Fun little truck

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My cousin has had his Syclone since 1995. 50,000 miles. Upgraded turbo and meth injection. Tonight it ran 12.36 @ 108 on 10 year old NT555R tires. I'll try to remember to grab a picture before we leave tomorrow.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you drove your raptor all the way out there? jesus, what if a bug hit the windshield?

And 12.3 @ 108 is a great ET/MPH....I dont think the tires were holding him back much...im guessing 1.65-1.70 60' time. which would be pretty good for street tires. I once ran 12.80 @ 110 in my 67, but open rear and no slicks, had to baby it off the line.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you drove your raptor all the way out there? jesus, what if a bug hit the windshield?

And 12.3 @ 108 is a great ET/MPH....I dont think the tires were holding him back much...im guessing 1.65-1.70 60' time. which would be pretty good for street tires. I once ran 12.80 @ 110 in my 67, but open rear and no slicks, had to baby it off the line.

His best time was 11.98 @ 113 in cooler conditions back about 5 years ago. Last night, he beat a stock Gen5 Camaro ZL1 Auto on street tires.

I drove the Raptor out. I'm proud of myself! 1530 total trip miles; 103 gallons of gas used. Not including the 280 miles on the GT350.

rick81721

Lothar
Saw an AMG GTR going down 206 in Hillsborough this afternoon

black-mercedes-amg-gt-r-does-insane-nurburgring-passes_1.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What is that? $155,000? hard to read. That car never did much for me looks wise, but god does it sound amazing.

Top Bottom