Car-spotting thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Sorry, I really thought it was a fiero kit car. Has that rear side windows. Some guys stuff a LS in the back of them using fwd Impala drivetrain.

is there a ferrari daytona kit for the fiero? i know there is one for the 280z and corvettes (ala miami vice)

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pretend there is no 6th gear too

I used 5th twice. On the interstate. 225 miles so far.

However...AC is smoked. Blowing hot after a number of 8250 shifts. Belt is intact but maybe the compressor couldn't keep up? Dunno.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

However...AC is smoked. Blowing hot after a number of 8250 shifts. Belt is intact but maybe the compressor couldn't keep up? Dunno.

electronics shutting down the a/c, cause it thinks you are racing? probably cuts the field in the alternator too.

does it come back later?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

All cars have an rpm cut off to protect the compressor... even my wife's 4 cylinder Subaru... Usually it's at like 5500-6000 rpm.... Did you give it a minute and let the compressor clutch engage again? If so, and it's still not working check the fuse

rick81721

Lothar

Haha have you had the power cut by going over redline? Did it once. There are reports of AC failures. How many miles on it?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
23,000 miles on it. Original tires, so I guess I'm the only renter running it at 9/10ths??

Belt is tact. Cleared body control module in case it stored overrev. Cooled down, tried a few run cycles. No luck. Either the system blewoff excess freon from running too hot or the compressor is shot.

Returned car tonight. He was very apologetic about it. He credited me back the second day and ate 80 extra miles (we did 280 total) so that's that.

So for $100 each (my buddy and I split it), we flogged a GT350 for a day and a half and 280 miles. Can't beat that.

Tomorrow my cousin and I are heading to the dragstrip with his Syclone that runs 11s.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
23,000 miles on it. Original tires, so I guess I'm the only renter running it at 9/10ths??

Belt is tact. Cleared body control module in case it stored overrev. Cooled down, tried a few run cycles. No luck. Either the system blewoff excess freon from running too hot or the compressor is shot.

Returned car tonight. He was very apologetic about it. He credited me back the second day and ate 80 extra miles (we did 280 total) so that's that.

So for $100 each (my buddy and I split it), we flogged a GT350 for a day and a half and 280 miles. Can't beat that.

Tomorrow my cousin and I are heading to the dragstrip with his Syclone that runs 11s.

Thats a hell of a deal.....23,000 miles on a RENTAL gt350? lol....Thats like 150,000 on a normal car.

I do need to drive one someday....im hoping my offer of driving an original 67 big block fastback is an appealing trade for @rick81721 ....He can wear a brown blazer/turtle neck and pretend hes Steve McQueen

Top Bottom