Car-spotting thread

rick81721

Lothar
Its a thing , like hot rod, rat rod, pro touring, tuner, mini truck, lifted truck, jeep... the list goes on... I appreciate all forms when its done right... This falls in that utilitarian subaru all wheel drive, wagon enthusiast categori... to stereotype the driver.. he looked like a @The Heckler

The XT model is a 2.5 turbo, so it almost makes sense. In Japan, they also made a Forester STi.

I guess... those mufflers don't look right to me.

Mountain Bike Mike

@rick81721 the old forrester, sure....This one is a hideous abomination. Subaru is great at making each new generation of vehicle more ugly than the previous.

Agree - I owned a 2000 2.5RS as it was a neat little car yet was too brittle of a transmission for my liking.. that was before they brought the 2.0 sti to the US... Holy shit it was a blast in the snow... donuts for dayz

I remember showing up at Chimney rock and saw someone had a slammed forrester and @pearl was bonering over it...I was scratching my head like .... I don’t see it

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Agree - I owned a 2000 2.5RS as it was a neat little car yet was too brittle of a transmission for my liking.. that was before they brought the 2.0 sti to the US... Holy shit it was a blast in the snow... donuts for dayz

I remember showing up at Chimney rock and saw someone had a slammed forrester and @pearl was bonering over it...I was scratching my head like .... I don’t see it
this one has grown on me...I mean to me its light years better looking than the new one anyway
fxt_12.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
this one has grown on me...I mean to me its light years better looking than the new one anyway
fxt_12.jpg

What year is that, early 2000s? I had a 99 Legacy Outback, with 5M it was fun to drive and unstoppable in snow. Too bad it blew a head gasket right at 100K

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

Could be @Los. Don't think he posts here anymore.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
my man @skinnyfromthe9. his daily driver. lives down the street.

i don't know him, i don't listen to his music.
and there is more than 1 yellow lambo driving around - but it does go by often.

This was at Noches De Columbia on rt10 in Dover. Car had Florida plates. Wife said seats look comfortable. Told fine I'll sell the Viper and buy one.

Dingo

When this body style first came out, we at the dealership where wondering what was they thinking.

The back end of a vacuum cleaner ? Has to be the ugliest vette ever.

They do perform better than it looks. If only there was a way to adapt the drivetrain/suspension to say a '70 Chevelle or early Camaro.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2018 mustang gt convertable.... On the gt emblem out back it says 50 years.. I think this is a typo
20180608_064703.jpg

55 chevy sedan delivery.... House of the mouse is painted on the side so I take that it has an sbc
20180607_161219.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
saw a rousch stage 3 on the highway today. Couldn't get a pic.

Friday is car night in Somerville. When the weather is like it is tonight, there are some must-see cars.
I like the street rods.....some really good entries.

rick81721

Lothar

Friday is car night in Somerville. When the weather is like it is tonight, there are some must-see cars.

I cruised thru in the GT350 2 weeks ago, good turnout (that was the first week).

TJYeti

Knows about bikes

I always enjoy going to that. I have to leave so early to get a spot I gave up taking my car and just take the daily down and park where ever.

ekuhn

Nice stuff in Somerville tonight, even though I got there like 8:30. No pics but White Lambo Gallardo Superleggra, 06 GT40, and corvettes aplenty.

Also was a Bimota Tesi 3D. The owner had on quite the outfit. Never seen a white leather buttondown style with collar motorcycle jacket and white leather motorcycle pants.

Photo for reference:
IMG_0399.JPG

Top Bottom