Car-spotting thread

Dingo

god your right...funny when I first looked at that it screamed 59, but then I remembered the back end of the 59s were much uglier
10059_c568314425_low_res.jpg
Not ugly! That is AWESOME!bike.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
View attachment 69055
Those cars had style! Not like the boring 80's and up. I guess you had to grow up with them to appreciate. One of me explaining the virtues of our '58 to my aunt.
They did for sure, and they definitely weren't boring....for me is really just some, not all of the 58,59,60 cars that were just off the wall. I mean the 59 caddy is one of the most bonkers, but it looks perfect and I would love one.
others like a 59 dodge...eh, just looks a little too wacky
220732_aa91ff9fed_low_res.jpg

I kinda like the pre 58 (single headlight) and post 60-61 looks better myself.

Dingo

They did for sure, and they definitely weren't boring....for me is really just some, not all of the 58,59,60 cars that were just off the wall. I mean the 59 caddy is one of the most bonkers, but it looks perfect and I would love one.
others like a 59 dodge...eh, just looks a little too wacky
220732_aa91ff9fed_low_res.jpg

I kinda like the pre 58 (single headlight) and post 60-61 looks better myself.
The Chrysler 'forward' look were some of the most wacked out. They are so weird, that you kinda have to like them. When I get home will post my landlords '57 Desoto hotrod.

Dingo

Man, I want to drive that thing. And not on the roads.
I talked with the owner. It's a 1970 Kaiser duece and a half. Someone cut the frame and removed the tandem axle. The bed was a military trailer body. Mechanically it's a mess, lots of things half assed. The power steering was added and it's fuckin scary. There is no gear box or mecanical connection to the front axle, just a hydraulic valve connected to the steering wheel. Also there is more smoke coming out of the breather than the exhaust stack. Oh well not my problem.

rick81721

Lothar
Delaware Seashore State Park. Rough weather but it cleared up this afternoon by the time we arrived in OCMD. We've seen 400 Mustangs but only 3 Raptors.

View attachment 69135

Cruise weekend down there? Man with this rain mine has been hiding in the garage for a week. I'm registered for the VFMC annual show in Phoenixville next sunday, May 27th. First show - but I registered as display only. Ever been to it? I grew up in that town so will meet my bro and some old high school friends.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cruise weekend down there? Man with this rain mine has been hiding in the garage for a week. I'm registered for the VFMC annual show in Phoenixville next sunday, May 27th. First show - but I registered as display only. Ever been to it? I grew up in that town so will meet my bro and some old high school friends.

We've had plans to come down here since winter. Just turns out this weekend was cruise weekend. I've never seen so many cars. Probably 500 Mustangs, 50 Focus STs, 5 Raptors, 5 GT350s, and 1 GT350R. Plus 500 C6s and 500 Camaros. I'll be back with the boys next year hopefully.

Top Bottom