Cant beleive I...

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
rode the Tourne and left my camera in the car!!!
UGH
Had a good time. A guide would have been nice, but the HUSBAND and I did the usual "we'll just explore and get lost" kind of thing. I usually remember what direction the car is in, so this method works to some extent.

For a place that is close to us its fine, but the Tourne is a little over an hour away so we would have liked to hit all the "best" spots.

There was some marathon going on today, but some of their "guides" were quite friendly and gave of tips on trails to hit/avoid. One lady wasnt so friendly "didnt you know there was a race going on here today?" UM NO, there werent any signs....

Anyway, we walked/rode/walked/rode to the "top of the Tourne" cant beleive I forgot the camera!
We did the "Top" trail, the red, and the white, and one of two unmarked trails.

Sometimes I get a little freaked from rocks, but I was pretty stoked as I didnt let them frighten me at all today and I managed to muscle/finesse myself over/around them.

Barry didnt like it very much, but when I got back to the van I was smiling quite a bit and told him I had a blast and we really need to visit again. He said "I hate rocks" and I said "rocks will teach you to be a better rider"

The only concern I had...from the map it looks like not all the trails we hit today are actually for bikes. In fact from the map it looks like only 2 trails are for bikes, the white and the yellow. True?

Big C

dont worry about the walking trails and all that. I ride them all. next time you go PM me and ill show you around. I ride there every day.

joeschaar

Tourne

The Tourne is OPEN to Bikes on all trails except the wildflower trail (the gated area of red).

Here is the link to the newly updated map.
http://www.morrisparks.net/maps/iviewer/TournePark.asp

I am the adoptee of the new Purple trail. Ryan G is the adoptee of the really great section of red on the west side of the park.

One note about riding here... It is a big dog walk and walking park so use your best Multi-use trail skills. You will come across people and dogs. So please be a good steward of MTBing.

Parking on the west side parking lot; I am a fan of a red (or yellow), road, orange, road to green, green around and back to red, red to purple loop. I find white to be too boring and sloppy.

Enjoy.

Cheers,
"slow" Joe

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Thanks "slow Joe"
appreciate the riding tips.

I am always a "good steward" of mountain biking. In fact, Husband asks me "what are you the biking ambassador?"
ummm yes

Big C

The Tourne is OPEN to Bikes on all trails except the wildflower trail (the gated area of red).

Here is the link to the newly updated map.
http://www.morrisparks.net/maps/iviewer/TournePark.asp

I am the adoptee of the new Purple trail. Ryan G is the adoptee of the really great section of red on the west side of the park.

One note about riding here... It is a big dog walk and walking park so use your best Multi-use trail skills. You will come across people and dogs. So please be a good steward of MTBing.

Parking on the west side parking lot; I am a fan of a red (or yellow), road, orange, road to green, green around and back to red, red to purple loop. I find white to be too boring and sloppy.

Enjoy.

Cheers,
"slow" Joe

is the red tail on the west side called "rattlesnake" on the trail map? that trail was NOT open to bikes last year, but they took down the gate. So glad thats rideable. i rode it anyways but now i can ride it without any guilt

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions