Cannondale Scalpel si vs Scott spark

alan verdun

I am looking for 1 of those 4 bikes. Medium. Pre-owned or clearance. Shoot me a note with any leads. Appreciate it!

Supermoto

What about the Rocky Mountain Element or the Pivot 429SL?

Element_999_RSL_Hero-small.jpg

2017-mach-429-sl-red.png

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Man, I still cant get used to those 50T eagle cassettes on XC race bikes...Just looks SO unnecessary...I just see weight and $$$$..But maybe if I raced in Colorado I would feel differently.
it does look stupid, but the ability to crank out some high MPH's on some flats plus crawl up a wall in the 1x ring has its perks.

I would imagine 32x50 would still have me walking some stuff out in mountains here

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
it does look stupid, but the ability to crank out some high MPH's on some flats plus crawl up a wall in the 1x ring has its perks.
Crawl up some hills, I get....Crank out high MPH...No. In your/my case, complete waste of time.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
+1 on the Pivot 429, or Turner Czar. Get suspension that actually works.

If you insist on single pivot, C-Dale Habit SE with Lefty and Enve's. Maybe a dropper too. That would be my xc race bike. I recently switched bikes with someone with a Scalpel on a descent, and after riding my longer-travel bike for so long, I thought I was going to break it.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
+1 on the Pivot 429, or Turner Czar. Get suspension that actually works.

If you insist on single pivot, C-Dale Habit SE with Lefty and Enve's. Maybe a dropper too. That would be my xc race bike. I recently switched bikes with someone with a Scalpel on a descent, and after riding my longer-travel bike for so long, I thought I was going to break it.

I have ridden a pivot mach 429, every generation of them since 2009...and I have ridden the habit SE, great bikes, excellent bikes...going uphills though? apples and oranges compared to a scalpel.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have ridden a pivot mach 429, every generation of them since 2009...and I have ridden the habit SE, great bikes, excellent bikes...going uphills though? apples and oranges compared to a scalpel.

You know most demo bikes are set up more for trail riding than racing. I'm sure if it was set up with an XC feel you might think differently. Stans/Pivot race team member Rose Grant use 1 & races world cup with it along with lots of XC & endurance. Pretty impressive results too.

https://rose-grant.com/racescheduleresults/

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I haven't raced in a while, but when I did, I was pretty competitive. Anyone who is in shape and on and a fairly light bike can climb. Not everyone can descend quickly though. I used to beat guys who were in better shape than me because when the trail pointed down, they threw out the anchors.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I haven't raced in a while, but when I did, I was pretty competitive. Anyone who is in shape and on and a fairly light bike can climb. Not everyone can descend quickly though. I used to beat guys who were in better shape than me because when the trail pointed down, they threw out the anchors.
...So would you consider yourself half fast these days?

Top Bottom