Cannondale Scalpel si vs Scott spark

Dairyman

Which would you pick? Looking for the fastest xc race bike possible. Going with the top of top of line model of either.

Pros cannondale
2 water bottle cages
Supposedly more aggressive geo
Lefty
Enve wheelset

Pros Scott
Olympic win
Great reviews online
Boost
Fox stepcast

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Which would you pick? Looking for the fastest xc race bike possible. Going with the top of top of line model of either.

Pros cannondale
2 water bottle cages
Lefty
Enve wheelset

Pros Scott
Olympic win
Great reviews online
Boost
Fox stepcast
Trek Top Fuel RSL . The whole front row at short track #1 was on them :)

Blair

Pros cannondale
2 water bottle cages
Lefty
Enve wheelset

Pros Scott
Olympic win
Great reviews online
Boost
Fox stepcast
Pics of color options? Anything but white.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Top fuel has Mino link so you can adjust linkage between trail and xc mode. Try mine at short track 4. It's an xl.

Dairyman

Scalpel
2017-cannondale-scalpel-si-team-7b8c21ef-large.jpg

Spark
scott-spark-scale-100-1468839549828-1ev15xpcpi31i-630-354.jpg

Top fuel
bicis-trek-cesarlloreda-8-750x400.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1.Scott
2.trek (because other two color schemes are horrible)
3.*****
4.*****
5.*****
6.*****
7.crackendale (do I need to explain) :)

Edit
Q. What's a fast xc bike?
A. The motor that runs it!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think modern XC bikes are all awesome. You can't go wrong. If you're going to drop 4K+ I think you really want to pre ride all you can. Geometry and fit are probably most important.
Also make sure whoever you buy from is a good shop that will take care of you. You should expect a higher level of service when you drop a ton of $.

Mountain Bike Mike

You can't wrong with either of the three.. scalpel, spark, top fuel... all of which could be <22lbs full suspension bikes with all the light stuffs on it.

I know many people winning on all three.

Go with what your local shop can get you.

For me it's a Giant Anthem because of my local shop is a Giant dealer. If they carried the other three, I'd choose the Scott. I could be wrong but I believe the Scott is the lightest of all of them.

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think modern XC bikes are all awesome. You can't go wrong. If you're going to drop 4K+ I think you really want to pre ride all you can. Geometry and fit are probably most important.
Also make sure whoever you buy from is a good shop that will take care of you. You should expect a higher level of service when you drop a ton of $.
Really agree with Jeremy...if you are going to drop the money on a high end race bike, make sure you get what you want....definitely make sure you choose a good bike shop.

Man, I still cant get used to those 50T eagle cassettes on XC race bikes...Just looks SO unnecessary...I just see weight and $$$$..But maybe if I raced in Colorado I would feel differently.

Mountain Bike Mike

Man, I still cant get used to those 50T eagle cassettes on XC race bikes...Just looks SO unnecessary...I just see weight and $$$$..But maybe if I raced in Colorado I would feel differently.

I see a credit.. Take off 12 speed, sell all of it, get 10 or 11 speed at dirt cheap prices and pocket the extra cash... Bonus - weight savings

pibbles

Pros cannondale
2 water bottle cages
Lefty
Enve wheelset

Pros Scott
Olympic win
Great reviews online
Boost
Fox stepcast
Lefty is not a pro,it's just different . Find a bike you want at a shop you want to go to.

Top Bottom