Cannondale CAAD9 CX 56CM - SRAM Force/Apex - Easton

ecsnsmb

As much as this saddens me, I need to put this bike up for sale to fund an upcoming move. It's been one of my favorite do everything bikes and has taken me on some awesome adventures in the short time I've had it. Here's the deal.

Cannondale CAAD9 CX Frame
56CM
Black, Canti Studs, in beautiful Shape.
BB30
Headset Included

Easton EC90X Fork

SRAM Force BB30 Crankset/BB
Currently running 1x9, but can include original chainrings.

Paul Chainkeeper
A Must.

SRAM Rival Rear Derailleur
<750 miles on it

SRAM Apex Rear Shifter

Ritchey/FSA 31.8 Cockpit.

New Jagwire Cables

Only a few more things needs to make it a complete bike. An awesome project. Have a few more parts hanging around including a beater set of wheels I can throw in. Some brakes and levers floating around too. PM or email me (erik.siebelist@gmail.com) to make an offer or discuss further. Pictures too!

Was looking to get around $500 OBO for the whole lot. Willing to work something out +/- parts as well.

Cheers,
Erik

Excuse the pic, it's the only good one of the bike.

photo_zpsaab560b7.jpg

IMG_0647_zps5f8090f9.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
surprised no one has jumped or showed interest, maybe throw a price out and see if that draws in some more interest?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
now I'm semi interested, not sure if I should be on a 56 or a 54 frame, and I'm currently on the latter :hmmm:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
now I'm semi interested, not sure if I should be on a 56 or a 54 frame, and I'm currently on the latter :hmmm:

You can ride a 56 but probably "should" be on a 54 is you listen to the people who decide that stuff.

ecsnsmb

You can ride a 56 but probably "should" be on a 54 is you listen to the people who decide that stuff.

Let me know if you're around Monmouth County/Hartshorne and would like to check it out. I leave this Saturday unfortunately and won't be back until the 13th.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll

What size is your road bike? If your Cannondale road frame is a 56, the Cannondale CX in 54 is roughly the same in standover and effective TT length. If your road bike is a 58, then this frame should be a solid fit for you.

I'd imagine you're right at the "in-between" stage, size-wise, since you're a bit taller than I am, and I ride a 54 in this frame (and a 56 on the road).

If this frame was a 54, I'd be thinking of adding it to the one I already have, btw.

AnthonyC

I don't know if I buy into the whole "size down for CX" business. I think you could happily ride this if you ride a 56 OR a 58 on the road. It's just a question of adjusting reach and drop a bit, and 1.5-2cm isn't (or shouldn't be) a big deal. Perhaps others will disagree with me on this one. But I ride a CX frame that's exactly the same size as my road frame and seem to do just fine.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I don't know if I buy into the whole "size down for CX" business. I think you could happily ride this if you ride a 56 OR a 58 on the road. It's just a question of adjusting reach and drop a bit, and 1.5-2cm isn't (or shouldn't be) a big deal. Perhaps others will disagree with me on this one. But I ride a CX frame that's exactly the same size as my road frame and seem to do just fine.
I totally agree. But this isn't "sizing down", strictly speaking. My 54cm Cannnondale CX9 is roughly the same size as my 56cm Moots, stand over-wise, and the effective top tube is only slightly shorter. I use a 120mm stem on both bikes and have damn near the same position. I'm maybe an inch or so shorter than Pearl, and a 56cm Cannondale cross frame is too big for me, no doubt about it.

It really varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Top Bottom